Go Bottom Go Bottom

I-Match system

View my Photos
millers1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-25          94481

I have a 2210, JD FEL, Worksaver PHD and JD ballast box. I find it kind of a PIA to line up the ballast box pins with the 3point hitch. The box is loaded / heavy and I'd like to be able to install / remove quickly. From what I can see, the I-match system does that (correct?). Will the PHD work with the I-match?

One more.. what can I expect to pay for the I-match, and what components will I need.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I-Match system

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-08-25          94513

milllers1, I'm as green as green gets, but Deere's imatch system is as obsolete as an Edsel. To this date I'm not sure if all the manufacturing companys who produce category one three point equipment agree on where the top pin should be positioned as far as height above the axis of the lower pins. Till that happens I can't see any point in buying a Deere imatch quick coupler with a fixed position top hook when for the same or less money you can have a Land Pride quick coupler with an adjustable top hook. I think there around 250.00. Frank. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94517

Frank is right, but it's important to know that an adjustable top link is no panacea. I've encountered three types of implement incompatibilities for which an adjustable top link wouldn't have helped. What I do is shop for implements that are I-Match compatible and have those that aren't compatible modified to work. If I had to do it over again I'd have to think hard on whether it was worth it, but I must say it sure is nice when everything works with the quick hitch. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-26          94568

LIke Millers1, I was considering the imatch attachment for my new 2210. Sounds like I should shop around. I hadn't even considered that the top pin needs to be adjustable.

Kwschumm, I see in your pics that you use the imatch. One shows it sitting crooked - it that typical or just due to a setting on your 3pt arms? Also I like your receiver setup. What is the chain for? ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
busguy

2004-08-26          94582

I purchased a quick hitch from tractor supply with the adjustable top hook for $180.00. Works well but the KK attachments that they sell are not quick hitch compatible, so you end up spending the weekend cutting and welding. amazingly my gorilla snot welds actually look better than the kk welds… ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-26          94590

bmeyer, I have a Top-and-Tilt kit on my 3-point hitch. A tilt cylinder controls horizontal leveling. When the tractor is off and hydraulic pressure relieved the tilt cylinder bleeds down and extends in length causing the 3-point to be crooked. So I just relevel it with the joystick when starting the tractor.

My 3-point hitch setup is from Bad River. It's a well built device. Mine is an I-Match compatible receiver hitch, which they make but they may not be on their web site. The chain attaches to the floating drawbar to limit how far the 3-point hitch will float upwards since the 3-point has no built-in way to provide downforce. ....

Link:   Bad River

I-Match system

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-26          94596

Speaking of that chain...... I didn't adjust mine properly last month and jerked the three point into the full up position.

I bent my draw bar! That sucker must be 1.5 inches thick and I bent it. No damage to the Bad River hitch. One link of the chain, where it hooks to the hitch looks a little funny though. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-26          94598

Wow. I would have expected a weld or the chain to break before the drawbar bent. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-08-26          94614

DRankin:
Bad River will send you a new chain in a few weeks from the next build schedule free of charge. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-26          94628

Wow, Thanks!

But isn't this kinda like rewarding bad behavior?

I DID violate the 7 P's.

Pics #12 and 13. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
bmeyer

2004-08-26          94630

I don't know about others, but I find this site to be highly informative and useful! You guys sure know your stuff and "rookies" like me (1st tractor - 2210) just soak up all the give and take.

You've made me much smarter and safer in my operation of my tractor. Thanks for all the tips - keep writing!! ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
bmeyer

2004-08-29          94857

I checked the Bad River site and the receiver KWSCHUMM suggested. Looks fine. I noted that CHIEF has a few pictures of another model (pics 12-17).

What brand is that one - looks like the color of a King Cutter? You can see is chain set-up relly well in his photos.

Also any tips on buying a sub-soiler for my 2210? King Kutter (through Fleet Farm in WI) has a nice one - are there others? ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
millers1

2004-08-29          94866

OK.. need more info.. what dimentions do I need to consider when looking for I-Match (or other quick connect) compatible implements? The ballast box I have has a I-Match "compatible" sticker on it... the Worksaver PHD obvisously doesn't, 'cause it's not a Deere item..

To me, it appears that the spacing (width) of the side pins is critical. Your thoughts? ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-29          94867

In my experience the spacing of the lower pins at 26" has never been an issue. That seems to be the only thing standard about the Cat-1 standard.

Here are some incompatibilities I've encountered.

The top pin should be 15" above the bottom pins and close to the same vertical plane. If it is set back 6-8" from the bottom pins the I-Match can't hook onto it.

There should be enough clearance under and/or behind the top pin to allow the I-Match hook to slide underneath it and then lift up and hook onto it. Sometimes when a horizontal cross member runs beneath or behind the top pin the I-Match hook won't fit under it.

Also, the I-Match latches the bottom links in place with cams that swivel out. Sometimes structural components on the I-Match prevent the cams from swiveling all the way out and locking in place.

I've found the only sure way to be sure an implement works with I-Match is to hook one up and try it. Two brands of 3ph pallet forks I looked at claimed to be I-Match compatible, but it was obvious neither manufacturer ever tried one because they weren't. They had I-Match dimensions but structural interference prevented them from working. ....

I-Match system

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-29          94870

bmeyer, the 3 pt. trailer hitch in my profile pics is a home made model. I wish I could take credit for making it as I wish I could weld and do the machine work that nice but my friend Jim made that for me. It comes in REAL handy and is probably about the most useful or most used implement I have. I had some old cans of John Deere Industrial Yellow laying around the garage so I painted the hitch with that color. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login