Go Bottom Go Bottom

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-19          93862

My new 4310 just showed up at the dealership yesterday. We won't talk about why it took 3 weeks for it to arrive from one of their other dealers when I could be there and back in 8 hours. It looks great, but they need to work on the missing options. But my problem is I had the sales guy add a Landpride 2560 box scraper. I didn't tell my wife about it. Do I hide it in the shop and plead ignorance when she finds out? Or do I use it for work right away to show her what it can do and why we needed it? Create my own evidence so to speak.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-19          93863

Iowafun, Tell the Mrs. you borrowed the box scraper from me, show her how nice it works, I'm sure she'll tell you to keep it and just send me the money. Mine really isn't for sale, cause it's a great machine, but you might fool her for a while. Seriously enjoy your new Deere, there a neat machine. Frank. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-19          93864

There may be a VERY few who will try the "who wears the pants in around the house" speech but I would try to be straight forward and forthright with her. If you are like me; in your excitement of making the deal you "honestly" ;o) let the box blade slip your mind (you might try throwing in the CRS story at this point but I doubt it will work, ;o) and "Totally" ;o) forgot about it and now you want to come clean.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! ;o) Wink, wink. She probably won't buy that story either but I think if she sees how much you put it to good use and the wear and tear it saves on you; she will warm up to the idea.

Oh.................buy the way....................be prepared for her to buy something pretty expensive that you are not to excited about buying. ;o)

Enjoy the box blade and give your wife my best greetings! ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
reason201

2004-08-19          93869

It came with the tractor hunny... Like a customer appriciation bonus.

Did I mention I made reservations at your favorite restaurant? What's this... a dozen roses for you!!!

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
n88wrl

2004-08-19          93871

Now THAT would be effective!

In my case, I have the tractor 'because you have the horses, honey, and, well, you just NEED the proper equipment to maintain the facilities...'

"Ok then, you go and have fun on your new toy"

Yesssssss

-Brian ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Billy

2004-08-19          93873

Just tell her it's part of the tractor ;) ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-20          93912

I don't have a plan yet and it's supposed to be delivered this afternoon. I'm excited!! I've been studying the specs and such for about a year before I got the purchase approved. I can't wait!! Especially after I found my old tractor (for sale) with a flat left front tire because the tube has gone bad. Something else to fix before it sells... But the new one is almost hear!! ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
drh1983

2004-09-01          95314

Iowa, who did you buy your 4310 from? I bought mine in Fairfield. How much $$$ are asking for the 550? ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-09-02          95374

I got my 4310 through Colfax Tractor as they are only 6 miles from the house. It's part of the Vanwall group. I haven't come across anyone with anything good to say about Vanwall. I tried them anyway. The sales guy was very nice and I felt bad for him. The problems were not his fault. He did cut me a great deal on the box blade to make up for the delays.

The 550 Oliver. I'd like to get $4500 but I'm realistic and I'd let it go for $3500. It would save me the effort of listing it on Ebay. It's not perfect by any stretch but does have a Superior loader on it. The PTO was fixed using new parts (PTO clutch was broken when I bought it) with the work done by a local who fixes tractors for a living. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
MIFarmin

2004-10-10          98051

The box blade for my 4310 was the most inexpensive attachment so far, and the most useful! Good luck getting approval for the 4 figure attachments. Sooner or later you will not only want them you'll NEED em. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
MIFarmin

2004-10-10          98052

The box blade for my 4310 was the most inexpensive attachment so far, and the most useful! Good luck getting approval for the 4 figure attachments. Sooner or later you will not only want them you'll NEED em. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-10-11          98064

I didn't have to go buy her something expensive. She wanted a baby and now one is on the way. I can't think of a more expensive, long term gift than that. Doesn't cost much right now as the chocolate is still reasonable, but come spring, oh boy!! ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
whitepe

2004-10-11          98089

Iowafun,

Do you own a dog house? :-)

A couple of years ago a friend came over
to help me unload a 15 inch JET woodplaner
in my utility building. Normally my wife doesn't
come out to the building but she did that day.
Boy it sure cost me as she had to buy a new $2800
French horn.

Oh... I looked at your photos. I guess you own a dog house ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-10-11          98101

I just put up the photos up Sunday night. I'll add more now that we have a digital camera. My pole barn has a section that is insulated and heated. So that's where the dogs and I hang out when we are in trouble. I use it for a wood shop. I don't have a 15" planer, just a 13" Delta. My wife is pretty good and bought me a drill press for last Christmas. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
whitepe

2004-10-12          98181

Iowafun,
A few years ago my wife said I could get the
JD compact utility tractor if she could buy a
new Harley. So we both did. It was an equitable
deal as both have 1500 cc engines. Nothing
like keeping a marriage happy. :-)

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-12          98182

A few years ago my wife said I could get the
JD compact utility tractor if she could buy a
new Harley. So we both did. It was an equitable
deal as both have 1500 cc engines. Nothing
like keeping a marriage happy. :-)
whitepe
==================
I didn't do that so all i got was the tractor.
I think i slipped up didn't I ?
LOL ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-10-12          98183

If she's happy, then I am at peace. When she complains about the morning sickness, I reply (after making sure I am out of range of her fist) that I was the one who wanted another dog. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-10-12          98186

Aggravating a pregnant woman: The original and still most dangerous, extreme sport. ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
smwelden

2004-10-12          98188

all of this chat reminds me of the true value of having seperate finaces... The way I look at it... if a marrage can't handle seperate money, if for nothing else, for a few years, than you probley should NOT be married. To boot...the thought that "if your going to buy this, than I am going to buy that" is very elementary and childish.
just my 2 cents ....

New 4310 need advice

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-10-13          98273

smwelden, I've got a pretty cool wife. We don't due the tit for tat over money. We were in a bad bind last winter due to snow and problems with the old tractor. We both agreed we were down to a choice, get a new, reliable tractor with 4 wd or wife gives up her Mustang and gets a 4x4 SUV or Subaru or pickup. She didn't want to give up the car. The Mustang just can't make it up the driveway if there is more than 1" of snow. Even with 1" or less, it can be trouble.

So for us, the choice was clear. But it's fun to joke that I got a tractor and she gets a baby. The circumstances are purely coincidence. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login