Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-04          92704

I feel like a 73 year old kid! I got my 4110 Fel 60"MMM and 54" blade today. I hope to enjoy it while I can.It's been to hot for me to get on it and play, and my wife says I'm just a big kid. She is right but I feel like at my age I deserve a little pleasure. I'm reading all the manuals now and I read every posting on this board. I may get to be a pain in the neck so I'll try not to ask many questions. There probably enough answers on this board if I can just find them. I told my wife it was the board that made me do it!
Bob Jones

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-04          92715

Atta boy, just blame us - we can take it. Congrats on the new machine! ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
rogermo

2004-08-04          92718

Way to go witht he 4110. I got mine last fri. and could not belive the work it did for me. Cleared 200 or 300 ft road of mud from the Mississipppi flood, brought up gravel made the road level again pulled two stumps (old and soft), Tonight I am using the bucket to carry off a tree that fail in a storm and will use it to pull the trunk out of the next door neighbor yard. You will love it and be in awe of what it will do.
Have fun.
Roger ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
rklink

2004-08-04          92724

I am glad for you, May you have many happy and safe years with this new tractor. I have had my 4110 for 2 1/2 months. After a day at work, driving my tractor is a relaxing treat for me.
I also agree that this tractor point.com broad is very interesting and educational. A big thanks goes to all the tractor experts out there. The ideas and advice from everyone is great for tractor safety and use. ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-05          92817

I got my Bubble burst! My Son came home to look at his Dad's Tractor and the first thing he noticed, The ROPS was fixed-nonfoldable. I guess the old Man was to dumb to ask Questions. I assumed they all had foldable ROPS on the 4110. I guess I will have to live with what I got! D+%M dumb me. This was the first time I really looked it over since it was delivered.
Bob Jones ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
bigpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-05          92820

If your dealer is worth his salt, I bet he'd help you have a folding ROPS swapped in for a pretty reasonable fee. ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-05          92823

He is 400 miles away> I'll just live with it. It's my fault, I didn't know it was an option, I had a Case 10 years and never once folded it's ROP.I'm going to buy a Canopy for it and this time I'll seek advice! Anyone got any suggestions?

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-05          92831

My 4100 had a fixed ROPS and it fit under the garage door with an inch to spare.

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-08-06          92852

Of course I could be wrong but every 4110 I have ever seen had the foldable ROPS. It has been a standard offering since the 4110 came out (I could be wrong here?) the 4100 had the fixed ROPs up until they were replaced by the 4110.
Are you sure its a 4110? maybe its a 4100? anyway the 4110 foldable fits on the 4100....

Duc ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-06          92857

The Tractor has 4110 onthe Hood The Operators Manual is for the 4110 and 4115. The Dealer said the 4110 fixed ROP is standard and the Foldable is an Option. I really don't mind as I have 12' doors on my Barn and I will put a Canopy on it. I guess Ive adjusted to it! The Bill Of Sale says 4110 .
BJ ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-06          92872

The folding ROPS is a $153 option on the 4110, but if you don't need it you're money ahead! ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-06          92899

The Dealer offered to change the ROP out, but I don't think I could drive the 400 miles both ways. I really don't think it matters that much. The Dealer is going to let me have a Canopy at their cost, the only problem is it is aCurtis and they are pretty high pricedI tried to find one on a search. I think it was called Costico but couldn't find prices. They have a Store about 75 miles from me. I might have my Son check it out. I appreciate any advice. Thanks again!
Bob ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
bobggg

2004-08-06          92901

I have a 7 month old 4110. It came with a fixed ROP bar. I park the tractor in the garage. Since I have no reason to fold the ROP, I am just fine with it. ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-06          92904

Heck I never even noticed until my Son pointed it out. I would have probably would went right on witout noticing it. My Case was an 18 year old 235H and didn't have power steering and I was so glad to have power steering I didn't think about anything else. When I bought it (235H)off the guy I never thought about power steering, but I did tell the guy I sold it to,and he didn't mind(ha) It only had a total of 300 hours on it, and if you ever tried to use the Bucket on it you would understand the low hours ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-06          92908

Hey Bob, When you said canopy, I was picturing something to park the tractor under, not a sunshade while driving it.

Sorry about that. Costco really doesn't have what you want. ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-08-06          92910

Well, I guess I missed the part about your dealer being 400 miles away. That is significant. That said,...

When I had an upright, non-folding ROPS, I modified my domestic landscape to accommodate the overhead passage. Now that I have a folding ROPS, I modify my overhead passage profile to meet my domestic landscape. I guess it's all the same in the end.

Heads up,
Pete

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-07          92926

I just called the Dealer and he is having a Curtis ROP Canopy Shipped to me. Total cost $400.00 I tried to talk him out of a Cab, can you imagine him turning me down!
Bob J ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
cherymax

2004-08-07          92937

jonesiera,

I'm interested to hear how you like the 60" mmm and the 54" front blade. I was gonna get a front blade, but the dealer talked me out of it... saying it was too light for the tractor. My dad has one on his x495 and I like it a lot. If I ya don't mind me asking, what kinda prices did you get on the blade / mmm? ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
DennoAce

2004-08-07          92938

Bob don't let this ROPS thing sour your joy! If it fits in your barn, who needs it? When I got my 4110 the first thing I did was back it into the garage.....and stopped about 2 inches from ripping the top of my door off! My ROPS (unlike a previous poster) was an inch or two TOO HIGH! Talk about close but no cigar! I was dismayed, until I realized I just happened to get a foldable one by chance. I bent her down and parked it, never to put it back up. I would just a soon have your fixed ROPS, if it fit in my parking space.

:)

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-07          92939

I really don't mind the fixed ROP, I guess what got me concerned was I thought I had ordered it and paid, after looking over the Bill I realizecd I hadn't ordered it. Like you said I won't miss it cause I have no reasson to have down unless I want to drag race.
The blade was figured in the total cost, I think it was 950.00. As far as the 60" mower it allows me to get aroud things a little easier. I have been known to ruin a couple metal outbuildings with a narrower mower. I'll probably sell my JD 332 now that I have the 4110

you guys are a great help and a lot of encouragement!!! ....

JD 4110 arriviall

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-08-07          92945

Sorry folks about creating the buzz with the ROPS...just assumed they came with it, since everyone I saw (4110 had them on it)...However if you ever went for the backhoe, you will need the foldable ROPS. If your dealer offers it, grab it because everyhting made out of metal is rising in cost..

Goodluck with it regardless!!

Duc ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login