Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ebay Tractor Scam

View my Photos
jonesiera
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-29          92188

Last week or so a guy from Mi. posted a 4110 on Ebay a Legit Post, now someone has used his same ad and made a sham buy now.with free shipping. Can a person tell Ebay?
Bob j

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ebay Tractor Scam

View my Photos
Xpress

2004-07-29          92191

I have seen that three or four times now and people were actually bidding on the machines! It can be difficult to catch up to these individuals. Just make sure you have contact and verification with the person before you make a bid!! ....

Ebay Tractor Scam

View my Photos
echo10mp

2004-07-29          92200

I'm getting concerned about Ebay. I was trying to buy a motorcycle for my son and ran into a scam twice! Both were pay to Western Union and we will ship the bike. You have no recourse with Western Union and they know it. I reported the fraud to Ebay and they pulled the guys off. You can report them on the Ebay site. I encourage you to do so. It is a shame that people always find a way to try and cheat others. I have bought a bunch of big ticket items on Ebay and been pleased for the most part. I did buy them a couple of years ago when it was still a new service. Now the thiefs have figured it out!

John ....

Ebay Tractor Scam

View my Photos
Shawn

2004-08-19          93839

I've seen these scams too, as I am looking for a 4110 myself. I alerted eBay to this fact, there were a whole string of them like this, for whatever reason, it was popular to use 41XX series tractors for the bogus ads. The scam is has 2 parts. The first is the so-called pre-approval to bid on the 'unbelievably low priced tractor. The sole purpose is to get a valid e-mail address for spamming etc. The second part comes if you are actually trying to buy it. They pull the often used, "let's do this outside ebay via Western Union" trick. As it turn out, eBay replied and siad all the accounts used for this had been hijacked. ....

Ebay Tractor Scam

View my Photos
tnttommy

2004-08-26          94583

Not so sure they got all of them. I just got the e-mail yesterday re: a Kubota I was inquiring about. I guess if it sounds too good to be true....... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login