Go Bottom Go Bottom

Firebird Tractor Canopy for JD

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-15          91021

Anyone have a tractor canopy manufactured by Firebird. Talked with a dealer today who offers these for his JD and Kubota line. They are comparable with the Curtis line and are supposed to be built better, stronger, with less noise and most of all cheaper than the Curtis brand. Any experience with installation would be helpful!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-16          91051

Sorry, I don't know anything about Firebird, but I do have Deere canopys on my 4000 series Deere tractors. they're a neat well fitting unit, but noise was a real problem, we solved that by puting some regular Deere cab foam between the fiberglass top and the frame of the canopy. It wasn't much of a job, still looks neat and did solve the noise problem. I'd sure hate to be without them mowing on these warm summer afternoons. Check my pictures for a look see. Have a great day. Frank. ....

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-07-16          91075

Hardwood, From what the JD dealer told me, was for that very reason, "noise" they were recommending the Firebird brand because it was constructed with plywood panels integrated in with the fiberglass canopy, the canopy has a hump where it fits over the ROPS and looks very similar to the one in your pic's with the exception that there is a rise or hump to the rear of the canopy where it fits over the ROPS. It has two mounting extensions which connects to the side of the ROPS as does the other canopies and the canopy then is bolted from the top through the mounting extensions. Work lights can be installed and they recommend using stock Deere work lights mounted below the front of the canopy to allow for vertical adjusting of the lighting when needed. The wiring attaches to the tractor harness and then the lights are controlled via the console light switch without having to use an additional light switch, Just seen a pic of the canopy on the manufactures brouchure, haven't seen one on a tractor yet. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login