Go Bottom Go Bottom

strange tractor lifts a JD 790 and a Kubota

View my Photos
deeremd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-06          90180

A buddy of mine clains he saw an ad on ESPN for a new line of compact tractors (starts with M??) that lifted a 790 on its three point hitch and a Kubota on the FEL at the same time. Has anybody else seen this ad? Is this for real?????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-06          90188

I'm sure there are tractors out there that could do such a thing, but I wouldn't think it would be a compact. Maybe I'm wrong though. ....

View my Photos
reason201
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-06          90194

I saw the ad also... could not tell you the brand of tractor it was advertising though. Looked like a compact tractor though. ....

View my Photos
jdcman

2004-07-06          90195

Are all four wheels of each tractor off the ground?

If the two tractors are facing each other and they're positioned such that just the front two tires of each tractor are off the ground, I believe that you could distribut weight such that my 4400 could do the same without violating spec constraints of the 4400.

View my Photos
reason201

2004-07-06          90196

The lifting tractor is perpendicular to the units being lifted. It appears that all four tires of each lifted unit are off the ground. Of course you have no idea if there have been any unseen modifications to the lifted units. I guess it is a neat marketing trick but that is about it. When I bought my Deere 4710, I bought a unit I knew I could get parts and service for nomatter where I was. Keep the marketing, I'll go with a proven manufacturer everytime. ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-07-06          90201

Gosh I better rush out and buy one. I can't count the number of times I have needed to lift a tractor on the FEL and load up one on the 3 pt. Finally its here, fantastic! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-06          90202

If it's anything like most of the 'off-shore' units I have seen in the past, I would think it far more likely that you would need to pick IT up WITH a Deere or Kubota.

Mind you I think you would have to be very careful, lifting it high enough to get it up over the side of the dumpster would make for a very unstable machine.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
jdcman

2004-07-06          90206

BTW,

I wish I could get a loader with higher lifting capacity than my 430 on to my 4400 --- of course the pump would have to replaced. I want to be able to move 3 ton rocks around.

Hmm, maybe I do need a bigger tractor. What's the brand of this new fancy tractor? ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-07-06          90207

I haven't seen the add, but for 3 ton rocks a "Payloader" comes to mind. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-06          90209

Reminds me of the Denture Cream commercial of the guy pulling the train with his teeth. I didn't give up my teeth for dentures either. ....

View my Photos
hared1112

2004-07-06          90229

The ad is for a Mahindra tractor. It's a 790 being lifted by the FEL. Obviously a bigger Mahindra than the two tractors being lifted, so not sure what the ad proves. Their "point" is the JD is "not the only game in town" now. ....

View my Photos
lucerne

2004-07-07          90300

Hared1112, what the add did, was get people talking,(on a tractor site) and got their name mentioned a few times too. Good advertizing I would say. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-08          90342

Hmmmm.... I bet my 4115 could hoist a BX 2230 on the three point and a large riding mower on the front forks.

Everything is relative. Not sure what it would prove. ....

View my Photos
hbrock

2004-07-14          90847

The tractor in the add is a Mahindra C-series. It did lift the other two units. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it! ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-07-14          90880

Beat this:
My 4300 JD can lift a Kubota on the FEL, a NH on the three point and that big Mahindra suspended underneath in a pit using the MMM hydraulics, AND I can still use the PTO to dig holes 4' in clay, now that's a tractor.

But wait there is more:
Using the heat of the engine I can still brew tea on a special kettle etc etc ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-14          90883

Alright:
My B7800 can lift my attitude without even using the FEL or the 3-point. That leaves room for my personal problems in the FEL, digging holes with the rear pto, and the tea.

Beat that ! ....

View my Photos
GEE7879

2004-08-15          93558

the tractor ya'll are talkin bout is called a mahindra, they are an indian owned company they are #3 in the world in tractor sales, got an uncle who bought one 2 years ago and loves it not a lick of problems, parts+service are readily available, they have a 98% satisfaction rating, they've been in the USA for 10 years and are becoming very popular, they've been building equipment for years. check out this link http://www.mahindrausa.com/About/history.aspx
i'm sure you guys are skeptical but i bet kubota had its skeptics when it introduced its self to USA soil too.
i could go on but i'll spare ya ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login