Go Bottom Go Bottom

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-06          87826

Last year quite a discussion on the 2. Checked thur archives and did not find any conclusions.

When using hydraulics on power beyond backhoe the oil gets hot enough to burn bare skin so gloves are a must on connections.

DRankin did you seee any difference in leak down.

Mine was filtered and reused by JD at 400 hrs during a PIP upgrade. I'm fast approaching 1000 and need to change...

Book info sucks. Need experience advice

Thanks Harvey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-06          87834

Use HyGuard, Low Viscosity.

David ....

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-06          87839

My dealer says in our area (NW Oregon) they generally use regular Hy-Gard because the temperature doesn't drop much below freezing. IMHO, if you match the product to the temperature ranges you operate in you should be fine. ....

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-06          87842

This is certainly a current "pot" on my back burner.

I have seen an improvement in the leak-down. It's not gone, just slowed down.

Deere continues to publish charts which indicate Low-Vis has a max air temp of 60 degrees F.......and HyGard is good to 122 degrees F. Then they say that consumer and commercial operators can safely ignore the chart. HUH? Is there someone out there using Low-Vis who is neither a consumer or a commercial operator?

The problem comes in where Deere tell the dealers at annual meetings that they should pour nothing but low-vis in any HST. When I posed the question last month to the Deere tech line (105 degrees, HST, dealer says low-vis, manual says regular), they replied to "follow the manual".

Now we get new data on regular HyGard. Deere says it will cross reference with Kubota UDT and Super UDT. Low-vis does not. The only other oils on the market that cross reference to Super UDT are full synthetics!

Pour point: Hygard pours at -40C and Low-vis pours at -51C.
If you leave your tractor outside at -40C it isn't going to start anyway so that you can test the minuscule difference in the pour point. The last time I saw -40C was in Fairbanks or Tok Junction, Alaska.

By every measure, HyGard is the oil of choice in the lower 48 states. The only thing I can say about Low-vis is that it must produce more profit.

Link:   

Click Here

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-06          87845

Just to throw in a little extra to the pot here. ....

Link:   John Deere Hygard

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-06          87846

The Lo vis stuff. ....

Link:   John Deere Lo Vis Hygard

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-06          87847

A friend who sold me my 4410 was a Deere Regional Sales Manager at the time. He told me that the schools and seminars Deere sent him to, all pushed using the Lo Vis Hygard. I personally use what the book calls for by temperature range and that is regular Hygard. ....

HyGuard VS LowGuard

View my Photos
harvey

2004-06-07          87949

I'm not sure if the waters are muddier or clearer now.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login