JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130: John Deere Review  -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum and Review JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130: John Deere Review -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-31-2004, 10:32 Post: 87342
BRRanch

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

I have 20 acres, 15 or so that I will be maintaining. Looking at getting a FEL, rough & finish pull behind mowers.

Both are about the same price from my local Kubota and JD dealers. With the JD just a tad more money.

I am leaning toward the Kubota L3130. But this would be my first tractor purchase and I would really welcome any feedback.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

05-31-2004, 14:55 Post: 87357
cerberus

JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

I own a Kub 3130 and love it . But both machines are real close as to specs , ETC . There really isn't a lot in it as far as difference . Go down and sit on both machines , test drive them and see how they fit you . Your back side will tell you a lot ! Also give a good hard look at the dealer . When it's all said and done He'll make a big difference . Either way you go , I'm sure you'll be pleased with your choice . John

05-31-2004, 15:27 Post: 87361
petushead

JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

Yes,

I agree completely test drive both machines for at least an hour. Better yet, rent one for your property (cost $150 day) You will never be sure you got the right tractor untill it is actually used on your property. The controls on these tractors are very different so be sure you test each one do not just read comments and look at them but REALLY get to know them. After purchasing a B2910 Kubota I have grown to dislike the loader joystick, seat, lever mechanisims and, unfortunately, it is unlikely I will be able to do anything about it now. (However, because I used a credit card there might still be hope in trying to get a full refund.) Do not make the same mistake TEST, TEST, TEST.

GOOD LUCK

05-31-2004, 17:01 Post: 87367
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

The ergonomics seem to be the main points of selection between these tractors. Both are great tractors but many such as myself prefer the ergonomics of Deeres FEL joy stick and the twin touch ehydro pedals as well as brake pedal location. I am extremely pleased and satisfied with my 4410.

05-31-2004, 19:46 Post: 87379
blizzard

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

This is a copy of my 01May2004 response to a similar question:

I am the satisfied owner of a L3130HST, now with 396 hours since mid August 2003. The machine has been 100% rock solid so far. Check out my pics and previous posts or for more big (slow on dialup connection) pictures see the link below. Just remember a CUT is not a bulldozer and work slow and safe.
Just my 2-cents
bliz
The only thing I would change is that the machine now has 468 hours.
A serious test drive of several competing models/brands is always a good idea. A single machine will probably not do all your tasks to perfection. My feeling is the 3130 size (Deere, Kubota, New Holland) are at the max for mainly lawn work, at least I wouldn't want to cut my lawn (~2.5A) with one, or drive over my leach field either.
bliz

Link:   Click_Here 

05-31-2004, 23:15 Post: 87395
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

When I was shopping I compared the same two machines. I ended up with the JD 4310 because I liked the ergonomics a lot better AND the dealer was far better than the Kubota guy. However, if the JD dealer was awful and the Kubota dealer was great I could have gone the other way. I've got nearly 100 hours on it now and have zero regrets. It's a great machine.

06-07-2004, 18:24 Post: 87957
StoneGate

Filter by User
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

I am just curious. Why did you buy a 4410 instead of a 4310? I am considering one of them and I see more 4310s than 4310s on the lots and discussed here.

06-07-2004, 19:42 Post: 87971
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

I went with the 4410 because I got an unusually good deal on it from a friend who sells them. Where is a heads up competitive choice; I would have gone with the 4310 hands down. There is not enough additional performance to justify the extra $1,500 in my opinion. Same goes for the 4710 vs. the 4610. The 4610 is the better value buy.

06-08-2004, 02:17 Post: 88010
StoneGate

Filter by User
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

Thanks Chief. That was my analysis as well (the extra $1500 isn't worth it), but it seems when you are deciding on these issues, you can't know too much. I am still deciding between the 4310 and the Kubota L3430 and it really is a toss up in my mind. I don't think the cost will differ that much, considering what a long term investment either would be. I am buying it to maintain 50 ac. consisting of 12 ac. of pasture/homesite and 38 ac. of woods. I will need to get around in the woods for forest management, including hauling out fallen trees/firewood, repairing wash-outs along the trails and blazing a few new trails. I will also have a 1/4 mile gravel road to maintain and will be installing a considerable amount of various types of fencing over the upcoming years. I plan to buy a 5' bush hog (size is limited because of the trails in the woods), 6' RFM, heaviest FEL available, chipper/shredder, box blade and post hole digger. Any advice on any of the above (types, brands, etc.) would be appreciated. It seems from what I have been reading on this site and others that there may be several hidden "extras" I should be considering that I may not find out about until later. It would seem a good idea to figure them out now and negotiate them when I have the most leverage with a dealer. So far, the dealers I have been dealing with all enjoy good reputations, so I am not sure that will make my choice one way or the other. I was almost sure I was going to buy the Kubota until I looked at the 4310 this week. Now I just don't know. Each has features that make it attractive versus the other. This is far more difficult than buying a car, I know that much.

Stonegate

06-08-2004, 05:47 Post: 88015
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 JD 4310 vs. Kubota L3130

Stonegate; I've got both a 4310 and a 4410 12/12 reversers. There is some difference but not earth shaking. I too like the controls and the comfort, the controls just seem to be where your hand falls a true joy to operate. Just looked at the 4000 Twenty series on the JD web. Unless they are coming with smaller models all of them are higher horse power than a 4410. We can have fun giving them a test drive. Frank.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Thread 87342 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | blizzard 1 | BRRanch 1 | cerberus 1 | Chief 3 | hardwood 3 | kwschumm 1 | petushead 1 | StoneGate 5 |

Most Viewed

+ John Deere 2210 Backhoe Review
+ John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractors
+ John Deere 790 fuel shut-off solenoid failing???
+ John Deere low viscosity HY GARD
+ John Deere JD 4100 Wiring diagram
+ JD 790 or Kubota L3000DT
+ Should I buy a John Deere 4105???
+ John Deere 4300 turns over but won't start
+ John Deere 455 garden tractor
+ Oil Change for Diesel Tractor

Most Discussion

+ John Deere 4300 scuffing......
+ Possible Solution To The 4000
+ Dealer out to lunch
+ Just got my new JD 4410 - Prob