Go Bottom Go Bottom

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
Wildman1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-05          82163

We've had 120"+ snow to date. I went out back to clear a path to the shed with the blower. I didn't want to scrape the grass so thought I was running about 2" off the ground. Actually..I was about 1' off the ground on a crust layer. Well..the tractor suddenly dropped through the crust and the tires were airborn and just turning. 2 hours later, after digging, we used a come-along hooked to a tree and gradually winched her out.

I should have used the FEL. I did consider waiting for spring to melt her out, that's how bad it looked.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-05          82196

A tractor without traction is just a big hunk of metal.

I got my BX high-centered on a pile of loose dirt once, but thankfully I had another tractor to pull it loose.

One of these days I want to get one of those 12 volt winches that attach to a trailer ball, especially for the new Kubota RTV 900. ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-04-05          82199

Too bad you two guys don't live closer together. From DRankin's picture #2, you could have lifted Wildman's unit right out and saved him a couple hours of shoveling. ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
Mikef54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-05          82205

Hey wildman, do you have tire chains? I snowblow paths all over my yard, woodshed, bird and deer feeders, and trails for the dogs. Been lucky so far and haven't got stuck yet, where I had to winch it out. But I am running both front and rear chains. This year we had a lot of snow and cold weather here in CT. Had the same situation where I was clearing paths, riding on top of about 6 inches with a crust thick enough thst I didn't break through. May not be so lucky next time!!
Mike. ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-04-05          82214

Oops, bet it was great until the oh sh** moment. I've gotten in the mud up to the axles a time or two, the come along is now a permanent fixture in the ballast box so I don't have to walk back the garage and get it. ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-04-05          82252

Mikef54..took the chains off last wk. Wouldn't of helped, though, with all 4 airborn. Normally I don't want to move snow off the grass lest it cause a winter kill but this year getting to my sheds required snowshoes. I just shouldn't have waited until there was 4' with crust layers.

b8fish..the come-a-long is now situated in the ballast box along with 50' of chain. ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
sgtsandbagger

2004-04-12          82811

Wildman, Where did you get your bucket forks and what brand are they? Your 2210 is loaded out!
Thanks, Kevin... ....

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
its_that_guy@yahoo.c

2004-04-12          82831

That is a great looking 2210 - you seem to have all the nice toys added to it..

While the conversation was on the 2210, I have a couple other related questions.. When we buy some land and build a house I want a big yard and am thinking the 2210 w/ FEL would be a perfect compliment for mowing the lawn, clearing the driveway of snow, landscaping, etc, etc... My dad and I own a 790 that he keeps at his place that I can get for the heavier work..

Lets assume you are going to also use the 2210 (or 4010/4110) to do finishing mowing.. 1) how bad do the 2210 bar type tires or the R4s on the 4010/4110 damage the turf - versus a turf tire? 2) Would you fill the tires for the weight? or would that be too much weight when mowing? 3) How do turf tires do for moving snow/loader work - are chain required to get any type of traction in mud/snow?

thanks

Brian

Got the 2210 stuck

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-04-12          82836

Kevin..those are homemade forks based on the Rankin design.

Brian..I mowed once last fall with the 2210. I was concerned about the ag tires but did not notice any problems. I made wide radiius turns and was in 2wd. We'll see this summer how it goes but I don't think the R1's will be trouble..I hope. I'm sure that in 4wd the fronts would gouge the turf regardless of the tire style.

I have not filled my tires and decided not to. The R1's are great in dirt. I took the chains off just before the last big snowfall and did not notice any traction problems blowing snow. I put the chains on after reading that R1's weren't the greatest on snow & ice. I don't plan on putting the chains on next winter based on this experience. And, almost all of my snowblowing has been in 2wd with & without chains. My 2c worth.

I don't have turfs so can't say what the difference would be. My guess is the R1's would be much superior in dirt over turfs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login