Go Bottom Go Bottom

Top N Tilt vs 4in1 Loader Control

View my Photos
sruhnau
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-03          78688

I'm getting a 4in1 bucket and TopnTilt installed on my 4610. One dealer says separate controls are best and another says use the joystick for both and a switch to choose between the two. Anyone know what's best?
Thanks, Steve

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-03          78711

I think the official JD way to do it is to install an electric diverter valve and use the joystick control for both. Mine is set up this way and I like it fine. When set up this way the loader and Top-N-Tilt can't be operated simultaneously, but that would be the case anyway given the way the hydraulics work. ....

View my Photos
rescue2cop
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-24          123352

kwshumm

Where did you get your top n tilt system and can you say how much the electric diverter when you got your system ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-01-24          123366

Deja vu! My top and tilt is a JD system, installed by the dealer. It's hard to say how much the diverter was since it was all rolled into the package when I bought the tractor. ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2006-01-24          123378

rescue2cop--I have a never istalled set-up from Inegration Engineering for the 2210. I am upgrading to a 2520 and want to get rid of my set-up--let me know if you are interested. ....

View my Photos
rescue2cop

2006-01-24          123414

I'm interested where can I find out more information about the set up you have available. ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2006-01-24          123421

I sent you a PM. You can also check the classifieds section. ....

View my Photos
sruhnau

2006-01-25          123458

I like the diverter setup except it has a couple of important nuances. When switching between top n tilt rear and 4in 1 front... it will switch most but not all valves... so parts of front and back exercise when using the joystick. I had the dealer replace all the seals initially and this greatly reduced in frequency but has never been eliminated.

Second... you cannot switch when you have a load (e.g. the front bucket). If you do you will have to run the bucket up onto something to eliminate the load (and backpressure on the valves) before it switches.

I'm a bit surprised that this is as buggy as it is. I was also pretty unhappy with the original installation of the topntilt valves by a JD Dealer on my 4610... since the center hydraulic would crash into the valves and eventually severed a hydraulic line... and they dangled a front hydraulic line in air near the right rear axle. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-25          123463

My T n'T is hooked to the Power Beyond port. It sure seems to be the easiest way to do it. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-01-25          123468

My JD top and tilt has been glitch free. The single diverter switch switches the two joystick loader functions to the two top and tilt functions. Nothing weird there. The 3rd SCV used for grapple jaw open/close has it's own control. I have seen pictures of some pretty bad dealer installations though. On those they obviously didn't follow installation procedures but they probably didn't use real JD kits either. There was one guy whose dealer ran rubber hydraulic lines over the right side of the operator platform out in the open for anyone to trip over. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login