Go Bottom Go Bottom

JOHN DEERE 4000 SERIES FLASHER LIGHT GUARDS

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-09-08          7734

I have a John Deere 4200HST. I just wanted to share with some of you folks what I made to fit over my "Flasher Lights" I made a very Heavy Duty Guard that Fastens around my Rops Bar to protect my Flasher Lights. This came out very good. These Lights will never break now.. And they are quick disconnect too, incase I need to get at it and change a light bulb. I used heavey duty diamond patterned metal grilling, and welded it to a shaped heavey duty strap.. Looks Awesome! I then painted them black using John Deere's own Specail Black Paint.. Looks like it should have come straight from John Deere this way.. I will take some photos of it with my digital camera, for those of you interested in seeing it, just email me, and I will send you photos.. I also made very nice hooks for lifting with my bucket.. using 3 Chain Hooks, metal plating.. welded to the to reinforced portion of my bucket.. then painted them John Deere Green, again buying John Deeres own Paint.. So just email me and I will send you some photos.. I am really proud of how this turned out.. thanks Jason

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-09-08          7741

Another way to protect those flashers is to swap them from the outside of the ROPS to the inside. I needed to do this to mow along a fence that is level, but the land is sloped. My left flasher almost bought the farm within the first hour of my ownership. Not an issue since they are mounted inside. ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-08          7749

I was going to try to put the flashers on the inside of the Rops bar, but that would have kept interfering with my shoulders If I was ever in a twisted position to see what is going on behind the unit. I have very broad shoulders, and they would definatly have taken a hard hit by the lights if they were reinstalled to the inside of the ROPS ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-09          7795

I hope this works, here are some photos ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-09          7796

I hope this works, here are some photos ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-09          7810

Take a look at my other Flasher Light Postings.. these ones didn't work for me.I have them posted in a whole seperate section. Sorry for making this so confusing.. this is my first time I have uploaded photos to this board.. I just had to teach myself how to do it.. the other board worked the way I wanted it too..! take a look and let me know what you think.. thanks Jason ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-09-13          7913

Jason,Using my 4100 this weekend, I took notice to clearance between the seat and the flashers I have mounted inside the ROPS. Man, you do have broad shoulders!! A few measurements told me that your shoulders must be about 5'feet WIDE!!Just busting your stones, the 4100 & 4200 must have the ROPS positioned differently. In my situation, of having a sloped lawn with old style fence all the way around, I really don't have any other choice but to mount them inside.You did a really nice job in fabrication. Oh, did you weld supports on the side of your bucket? Or is that factory? Its nice to see someone else takes care of their stuff. ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-13          7924

No, my shoulders aren't 5' wide. Its just that If I am ever in a twisted position they will be in my way. My seat is also all the way back in rear most position. I really liked the way it looked also keeping them on the outside. Also, if anyone could still break them on the inside of the Rops, it would be me. Sooner or later it would happen. These lights are really fragile. The bucket comes this way.. it is a 74" Heavey duty bucket.. it is an awesome improvement over the other buckets.. Very strong.. They don't look like they are tonka truck buckets anymore..(heavey duty) And they won't warp. But thanks for your compliments.. ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-09-13          7925

Jason,My 4100 doesn't have side supports like yours. I have the 60" bucket, is there a heavy duty version for the 4100? Do you know how much a new one costs if needing replaced? ....

View my Photos
Jason MacKenzie

1999-09-13          7934

I don't think they make a heavy duty bucket for the 60" model. Maybe you can contact John Deere and find out for sure.. I am sure it would be very easy to do to have some metal cut and welded to your bucket sides and weld the bottom.. The top is also reinforced inside underneath.. One long strap of metal there too. and the bottom has heavier wear down strips. I don't know right off the top of my head how much the bucket costs.. ....

View my Photos
Randy Eckard

1999-09-23          8231

I have a 4200 with 420loader and a 61" heavy duty bucket. It has the same added reinforcement as the 73". I think it will mount right up to the 410 loader. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login