Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
bmclernon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73627

It finnaly turned cold this week here on the eastern shore of Maryland. Snow will probably happen soon. My question to some of you guys further north. Are tire chains required/desired/optional for a JD2210 using a FEL and 5 ft rear blade. We generally have two or three moderate snow events each year (6-12 inches each).

Thanks,
Mac:-)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
Wildman1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-10          73646

I'm running a front blower on my 2210 with rear chains. So far most of my snow blowing has been in 2WD, but blowers take less traction than a blade or FEL. You'll probably be ok without chains unless it gets hard packed or icy. ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
Deere2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-10          73648

Depending on the rear blade (what I mean is how much it weighs, so you have some rear traction), you might need to use 4WD more than just 2WD, but I have that same set up here in Indiana (FEL and Rearblade), no chains and can do whatever I want. I have played in snow up to 8", and waiting on the opportunity to try more. ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
grinder

2004-01-10          73658

I don't need them here in Maine on a kubota 7500 w R4"s
Although mine is a 3pth. 54"
If your drive isn't steep you shouldn"t have any problem.
Have fun! ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
tk_csa

2004-01-10          73662

Once the ground freezes hard you will wish you had chains, especially if you have turf tires. Possible exception; flat drive, rear weight(s), blower only, occasional use. I find them essential on my 2210 (turf) and 4700 (R4's). I'm in western NY. f/2210 ~$80 from JD dealer, less from TSC. ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-01-10          73665

I've been doing loader and blower work on our snows for the last 6 weeks with a MF GC2300. I'm running unfilled turf tires, 4X4 all the time. I bought a set of rear chains from TireChains.com but haven't had to use them (yet). I'd rather have 'em & not need 'em than the other way around... ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
ajaxdog

2004-01-11          73720

If you have ag tires you should be okay in 4WD as long as its pretty flat. Even with turfs in 4WD, you shouln' have too many problems. I think your 2210 weighs about the same as my 4010 with a little less ground clearance. Are you using a blade or a blower? ....

JD2210 - tire chains

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-01-11          73728

Hi, bmclernon. I have two sets of tires for my 2210, and my dealer only wanted to give me credit for the turfs so I kept the four mounted bar tires and will be selling them shortly. Anyway, I never had trouble with the bars in snow and only needed 4-wheel drive in pretty heavy stuff. I'm only getting a set of turfs for my 4110 and am considering rubber chains that will not mark up or gouge my asphault. I think a set for the 2210s or the 4110s tires will run around $120. You can order them through Deer Creek Equipment from their website or at any of their 3 stores in our area. I should have my new machine nex week, hopefully before the storm forecast for Thursday. Pete ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login