Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire Pressure 2210

View my Photos
Murray
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-13          71096

The 2210 manual has several tire pressure specifications.
What is the recommended turf tire pressure front and rear?
Some say 14psi all around and some say 22psi Front and 12psi rear. Also with and with out FEL?
Thanks Murray

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire Pressure 2210

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-14          71104

You'll run your self nuts with this and who says what. Here's what I do with my tractor tires and it does not matter what style.

Look at the tire print on the driveway. Do you have a full contact patch across the tire? if not soften the tire until you do. Do not over soften. The edge of the tire should just be a little off the ground. My best guide is wet tires and dry garage floor when I drive in. I also look at snow imprint when I back out into fresh snow.

If you only use your loader occassionally I'd do the tires as the tractor mostly will be worked. Mine are set for loader on, empty bucket. I mow with loader off and the only time I have ever changed my front tire pressure was for a exceptional, 2 days of gravel moving, operation. I have never changed my rear tires even with the backhoe mounted, it is not on there but a few hours at a time. If I was to leave it mounted I'd change the pressures for that operation.

Tire pressure in these tires is not rocket science but you do need them firm enough not to roll off the rim in a hard turn or side hill operation and soft enough to make full contact with ground. ....

Tire Pressure 2210

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-14          71113

Tires have load ratings that are different for various pressures and the multiple pressures are at different loads. Of course few operators are aware of how much weight is on a tire and do pretty much what Harvey says. My version is a little different. Since my PS is gimpy by modern standards the steering is hard at low tire pressures unless a lot of 3ph ballast is used. I use the lowest pressure that gives me reasonable steering. In the winter I run them a bit lower to give better traction, but too low reduces traction as the tread cups at ground contact.

I increase the front pressures when doing heavy loader work but if I increase them too much the 4wd becomes hard to disengage when the bucket is empty. There's also a lot of traction increase when tires flatten due to load, which may be hard on front drive trains. Well, running high pressures when the bucket is empty may be hard on drive trains too. As said, it's not rocket science and most people fiddle around and find what works best irrespective of the load charts. ....

Tire Pressure 2210

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-14          71120

Nice work Harvey! One thing to remember, many tires are tubless and if you let the air down to much you might have bead seal problems and develop slow leaks or worse yet blow the bead out on a curb. ....

Tire Pressure 2210

View my Photos
Murray

2003-12-14          71147

The dealer delivered my tractor with 25psi all around and it was the tire print that prompted me to investigate. The rear tires were over inflated and the print indicated as Harvey described. I adjusted using your method and ended up with 16psi rear and 18psi front. Thats no FEL or rear implement, MMM only. The machine rides and steers with more control. Thanks to all for the advice. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login