John Deere 4110 vs Kubota B7500 price and Hydro Pedal: John Deere Review  -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum and Review John Deere 4110 vs Kubota B7500 price and Hydro Pedal: John Deere Review -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-31-2003, 10:18 Post: 67636
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 John Deere 4110 vs Kubota B7500 price and Hydro Pedal

I was out yesterday looking at the John Deere 4110 and the Kubota B7500. These were my observations:

1) LOADER -- The Loader control on the JD 4110 was located near the seat and stayed with the tractor. While the B7500 had the joytick up by the steering wheel and I believe stayed with the tractor on loader removal.

2) HYDRO PEDAL -- The B7500 had forward hydro pedal then flat floor then behind your heel a back hydro pedal. The JD 4110 had two hydo pedals next to each other big one forward little one backward. The BX 2200 has the curved skateboard toggle style toe heel nuetral config.

3) The B7500 seemed taller bigger than the JD 4110 even though the JD is about 200 lbs heavier.

4) The B7500 tractor naked was $9850 while the JD4110 was $13600. JD MSRP looks like it is $14600.

I know Mark has used almost all of these hydro pedals, I have used the B7500 style and like it, never used the Deere, or BX style and wondering how those who have used other styles like or dislike these.

Is the price hike really about 3-4 k extra for the JD over the Kubota?

The loader joystick looks better on the deere at least it is out of the way but it does seem less intuitive down by your thigh rather than up by the wheel. Any opinions?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

10-31-2003, 12:38 Post: 67644
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

On the hydraulic lever, When driving a tractor using the loader, is your hand more likely to be by your right leg or on the steering wheel? I like it near the steering wheel.

10-31-2003, 16:09 Post: 67658
TomBaldwin

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

I have a JD 755 and Kubota ZD21 and are both fine machines. A Kubota dealer made this coment to me recently. 100% of the Kubota parts in a Kubota machine are made by Kubota. John Deere takes off the shelf parts (Yamar disel engine, clutch made by some one else, etc) and asembles the machine like an errector set. The Kubota dealer claims their manufacturing is way ahead.

Maybe and maybe not. I have never had trouble with either one.

Tom

10-31-2003, 16:27 Post: 67659
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Just have to look at the Frontier deal now, it's just a bigger line of it. That is actually the US way that everyone gets help make it.

10-31-2003, 17:40 Post: 67664
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I doubt that Kubota makes every gear, bearing, seal, and fastener in their tractors, but even if they did you can look at their business strategy several ways.

1. They manage the entire production process themselves so they can better control quality and supply.

2. One company can't excel at building and designing every single component of a complex machine as well as separate specialty manufacturers can.

To me these arguments are a toss-up and I don't care. I would look at the specs, finished product, manufacturer reputation, and resale value rather than get into the details of what was made where by who and why.

10-31-2003, 18:50 Post: 67669
44trxfun

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

The MF GC2300 is essentially a Kubota BX2200, with some slight differences. The Hydrostatic drive pedal is the "curved skateboard type". Though the JD dealer tried to use that as a detriment to the BX line, I actually prefer it to the side-by-side big/little pedals on the 2210 (sounds like the 4110 uses a similar setup). With the curved skateboard, it's pretty hard to confuse forward and backward direction. Don't know if it's as "convenient" this way, but it just seemed safer to me. I think the position of the MF 4-way hydraulic lever is similar to the Kub as well - up by the steering wheel. I've used my loader quite a bit over the last few weeks and it feels right to have it there. On rare occasions, I reach for the wrong lever - hydraulic and throttle are close neighbors - but in general I like the setup and operation of both loader and hydro pedal.

10-31-2003, 19:34 Post: 67672
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I can't argue with Kubota quality, but I really didn't care for the ergonomics of the hydro L-series at all. The big C-shaped treadle pedal seemed oversized and awkward to use, the brakes are on the same side as the hydro pedal, and the joystick seemed to be in the wrong place. To ME it just didn't seem right. Others here obviously disagree, and everyone should go with what they like. Some folks who have owned both say you get used to it either way so in the long run it probably doesn't matter much one way or the other.

11-01-2003, 06:57 Post: 67699
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Art,

On the hydraulic lever I also prefer it up by the steering wheel, but I prefer the way it looks on the Deere with the hydraulic lines nicely tucked out of the way.

But I was wondering if the operator could inadvertently whack the joystick when backing up on the Deere, something that cannot happen with the lever up by the wheel. I suppose it is whatever you get used to, and the dead man kill switch prevents you from hitting the joystick getting on or off.

11-01-2003, 09:19 Post: 67716
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I dated a Blonde girl once that looked like she had some stuff well hid away to, intellegence certainly wasn't one of them and I didn't want to spend any more time to get there after half a nite. Probably should have but I was worried about more disappointment, could have been tissue. I've seen a lot of changes in tractors and there fit and finish has improved so much in the past decade. Even the details of the instructions on the tractors have improved so much. I remember having to look at the levers as to where they went into the tractor to know what they did.

11-04-2003, 09:26 Post: 67962
DRankin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

I have been out of town for a few days and now I am trying to catch up here. It is amazing how much traffic this site generates in 5 days.

A couple reasons the 4110 is priced higher than the 7500.... The 4110 has a position controlled three point while the 7500 has a stop/drop system, and...... the 4110 price would include all the hydraulics for the front loader built into the tractor while the 7500 includes the hydraulics in the price of the loader.

The treadle pedal on the BX is easy to use.... IF... you don't make the assumption that you need to rest your foot on top of the pedal and rock it back and forth like an old sewing machine.

Instead, rest your foot on the floor next to the pedal and operate it like the B7500 pedal by shifting your foot back and forth to go the desired direction.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Thread 67636 Filter by Poster:
44trxfun 1 | Art White 4 | bobggg 6 | c5er 5 | Chief 1 | DennisCTB 2 | DRankin 1 | grinder 2 | itsgottobegreen 1 | kwschumm 4 | TomBaldwin 1 |

Most Viewed

+ John Deere 2210 Backhoe Review
+ John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractors
+ John Deere 790 fuel shut-off solenoid failing???
+ John Deere low viscosity HY GARD
+ John Deere JD 4100 Wiring diagram
+ JD 790 or Kubota L3000DT
+ Should I buy a John Deere 4105???
+ John Deere 4300 turns over but won't start
+ John Deere 455 garden tractor
+ Oil Change for Diesel Tractor

Most Discussion

+ John Deere 4300 scuffing......
+ Possible Solution To The 4000
+ Dealer out to lunch
+ Just got my new JD 4410 - Prob