Go Bottom Go Bottom

re Front blade for 430 loader

View my Photos
Johnno
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-01          62999

I was flipping through my literature and the john deere website and I found an a front blade attachment for the 430 loader, it was listed with the 4in1 bucket, pallet forks, etc. Has anyone ever seen this blade?Is it hyrdralic angle? Does anyone use one?If so what is the msrp? It sounds like a good tool for snow removal. Thanks for the help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
J MALLOY

2003-09-01          63021

Johnno:

You might also want to check the Curtis Tractor Cab website, and they make blades for use with FEL also.

J. Malloy ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-01          63044

I have read the blades for the 4210-4710 series have an hydraulic angle feature. I have a front blade for my 4115 but it is a different set-up from its big brothers.

Unlike my blade the 42-4710 blades attach to the loader brackets with the bucket removed. Curtis uses a similar system but I think the blades are much bigger and believe it or not, they might be more expensive than the Deere product. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-01          63045

These guys sell a blade that looks pretty nice too. ....

Link:   Borgford Blades

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2003-10-22          66815

A curtis blade for you would be 6 wide, and cost about $1500(MSRP) with the hydro angle feature. Plus another $240 for the quick change brakets for the 430 loader and the cost to have them welded on. You also need to run the hydro lines on the loader from the blade to the connection point on the tractor. I have a curtis blade on my 955. It is a very heavy duty blade. Defendly get the power angle. I paid $1532 for the plow and hydro lines installed on my tractor. ....

View my Photos
Dirtpoor

2003-10-22          66836

Does anybody know of any reason I couldn't adapt a 54" front snow blade to the 410 loader on my 4115 to work like the 420 and up blades? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-22          66846

I am not sure I know what you are asking so I'll try this....

Deere's snow blade for the 4115 is less expensive than the set-up for the 4210 and I think it is very easy to attach and detach.

If you want a snow blade that will attach to the loader brackets, then I think you will have to look at the Curtis product. ....

View my Photos
Dirtpoor

2003-10-22          66848

I've looked at the JD loader mounted blades at the dealership.What I want to do is take a 54" snow blade of any brand cut it behind the pivot point and adapt it to my loader just like the factory blades. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-10-23          66893

If it's any help in decision making, we run 7.5' blades on 40 hp machines commercially, they will push a FULL blade of snow with little effort. In fact the kubota GST units we run will easily push a full (angled) 7.5' blade in 8th gear and wide open throttle. We run regular pickup truck blades customized (cut the A-frame shorter) to fit the QT bracket.

Based on experience, you really only need about 5hp (gross engine) per foot of blade for snow clearing.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-23          66901

The stock front blade for the 41xx tractors replaces the FEL and therefore can use the vacated dual SCV ports to raise/lower and angle.

I am sure you could fabricate what you are contemplating but you would need a third set of hydraulic ports and another control valve if you want power angling. ....

View my Photos
Dirtpoor

2003-10-23          66927

Thanks! I noticed in the 410 loader manual the loader blade seemed to be for 420 and up and I just wondered why a 410 couldn't handle the same thing.By the way thanks Mark I read all your posts before deciding on the 4115.Just got it last week so far so good. ....

View my Photos
SierraPete45

2003-11-16          68876

Does anybody know of a snow plow set up that would quickly attach to a FEL similiar like how a tooth bar attaches? Two bolts into side of bucket. Something that would not take up a lot of space. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-17          68966

It does take up a lot of space, it puts the plow in front of the bucket, instead of whjere the bucket normally is. This makes the plow so far out in front that it becomes a real PITA. Even a slight turn with that extra length means the inside wheels are driving through unplowed snow, and plowing close to curbs on the corner means the nside wheels go over the curb. It also makes the effective weight of the plow MUCH higher sonce it farther out front.

Do yourself a favour and REPLACE the bucket with the plow for the winter.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login