Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
bobggg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-30          62930

I posted an earlier email how I was considering a Kub 7500 and a JD 4110. I was going to buy the Kub since $1000 cheaper and 1 more year on warranty. Well, I gave the Deere dealership one last chance since the Kub 3 year no interest expires end of August. The Deere guy got to within $500 of the Kub so now I'm going with the 4110 since their 3yr, no interest expires end of October and I don't want to purchase til then. Also, Kub wants 10% down and Deere is no down --- and --- the Deere dealership threw in free pick up and drop off for any warranty work. I did consider the 4110 a little better than the 7500, but wasn't going to eat the $1000 diff. Now I guess I will be eating $500 diff. I must admit that I looked at the i-match for the first time and really liked it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-30          62938

Actually the 4110 has a couple features not found on the B7500 that could account for some of the price difference.

One that comes to mind is a position control on the 3 point hitch.

It is a good, solid, ultra reliable tractor.

Don't keep us in suspense. Tell us what options, tires and implements you are considering. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
bobggg

2003-08-31          62963

I'm building on 5 acres. I have about 3.5 acres of old farm land, 50% blackberries, to mow. The ground has not been maintained and is quite bumpy. I will also be maintaining a long gravel drive. I plan to get a FEL, iMatch, rotary cutter, and box scraper. My wife is into dog agility so I want to level out a 100'x100' area for a dog course and also level out a crochet court and bad mitten area. I will have a 1/2-3/4 acre tree stand that I want to put a picnic area in. Since the house will have a wood stove, I will also be doing some tree thinning in the stand. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-31          62965

Sounds like a good well though out choice. Which Trans are you looking at ? I have the iMatch and I love it as my tractor is at my recreational property. When I get there time is pretty valuable so I want to get right down to buisiness. Dave ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-31          62966

Heck, free pickup and drop off is a really good deal! The dealer I work with charges $1.50 per mile. If they throw in some baseball caps and coffee mugs, it is pretty "even steven" bargain there! ;-) Zero money down makes it nice and easy to make the deal but may bump the payments a smidgen. Sounds like the Green guys are jumping high to get your business. Or maybe you can get them to throw in a set of rear and forward facing work lights at cost. Good luck with your decission! ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
bobggg

2003-08-31          62976

I'm planning on going with the HST trans and R4 tires. When I was a young ladd I used to race my 4 speed at the local drag strip and couldn't understand why anyone looking for a driving experience would pick automatic...but...now that I'm an old dog, I want nothing to do with any clutches or manual shifts. One think I like(d) about the 4110 over the 7500 was the absence of a PTO clutch. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-07          63343

Both tractors have a PTO clutch.

The 7500 has a pedal on the floor.

The 4110 has a button on the dash that actuates an electrically operated clutch. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-08          63406

Mark, I like the hydraulic pto clutch used on the Kubotas over electric pto clutches. We sell a lot of replacement electric clutches. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-08          63410

Art, can you elaborate on that a bit ? Is it just personal preference or is the electric clutch mechanicly different. Does the electric have the traditional Pressure plate, clutch and throw out bearing ? Dave ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
rjmills

2003-09-11          63601

I too have decided on the 4110. Going with the FEL, BB and the 60MMM, HST, Turf. A word of caution on waiting. My dealer did not have an extra 4110 in stock and while there was one on the lot it had been sold and was in prep. I ordered mine Monday of this week and was told it make take over a month to get in. While other dealers had a few they have been left outside and the hoods showed that as well as some surface rust on the metal portions.

Also, on the 60MMM Deere has finished their run for those this year so they will not get the production of those out until(starting) January so it could take til spring. That being said I have call 9 dealers within 3 hours driving and while a few dealers had them they are holding em for their tractors. I did run across a used MMM for 1400.00 which really does not sound bad. The dealer said it was like new.

I am also beginning a home building project on 5 acres and will get a lot of Utility use out of it before the grass comes back in the spring.

j ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-11          63603

The B-7500 uses a pto system much the same as the big farm tractors use. The electric pto clutches are a lawn mower clutch used on lawn tractors and garden tractors. The longevity of the electric pto clutch for some tractors is a matter of a few years. For the other system, the life of the tractor. ....

JD4110 and Kub7500

View my Photos
bobggg

2003-10-05          65614

Just ordered the 4110 yesterday. Wanted to get in on the 3 year no interest. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login