Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
AlbionKen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-27          62765

I haven't posted a lot to date but just upgraded my membership and will try to contribute more. My issue - I spent a couple of days last week moving and spreading 300 ton of gravel for the driveway I am building. About half way through the tractor stopped moving. The motor was running fine, but it wouldn't go forward or reverse in any of the 3 ehydro ranges. I shut it off and restarted it twice to see if was some kind of electronic error that I might clear, but no luck. I then spent about 30 minutes trying to contact the dealer and set up a service call. Having done that, I returned to the tractor and tried one more time to get it to work. It worked fine! The dealer can't explain it. I checked all fluids and they were fine. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-27          62766

Sounds like a controller problem. Tell your dealer to check with JD. They've had numerous problems with bad controllers. Someone explained to me, here while back, it was a software issue of some sort. ....

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-27          62767

Almost forgot. It should have flashed you a code? ....

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-27          62768

I agree with Billy, you have a bad controller. Next time this happens watch the malfunction light on the right hand fender. Contact you dealer in the mean time so they can schedule coming out and replacing the controller. Doesn't take long. Nice tractor you got there! ....

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
jdgreen

2003-08-27          62772

There is actually a programming error in some of the controllers. There is a reprogramming procedure the dealer can do with a computer to fix this problem. Tell him to check PIP 03LV077. It addresses intermittent loss of drive. ....

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
AlbionKen

2003-08-28          62791

I knew you guys would have the answer. What a great resource this site is. It is due for the 50 hour service, so I'll have them change out the controller at the same time. The light did flash, but I couldn't detect any pattern, just flash, flash, flash...
Thanks. ....

JD 4610 ehydro Problem

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-28          62808

In some cases problems similar to this can be caused by a faulty sensor the feed the controller. In this case, I would expect the controller. The dealer will check it all out at the 50 hr. service. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login