Go Bottom Go Bottom

Receiver hitch for iMatch

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-07          61164

Does anyone know of a 2" receiver hitch product that hooks up to the JD iMatch quick hitch? I emailed Bad River but it's doubtful they have one since it's not on their web site.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-07          61172

Ken, I can't make any promises but I can ask my friend if he would be interested in making you a hitch like the one he made me and how much he wants for it. All you would have to do is paint it. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-07          61175

Chief, if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate that. I like what you've done with yours. Did you ever rig up a solution to tie the hitch down so it can't rise up on you?

If he's willing to make and ship it and the price is agreeable I should probably send the iMatch dimensions to make sure it will hook right up. That is, if he doesn't already have that info.

Thanks a bunch for checking!

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-07          61183

I am working on figuring out some kind of a safety chain that wraps around the draw bar under the transmission case. I am gonna have to look at that tomorrow. I ought to be able to figure something out. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61218

Chief, I don't know if you've already seen this picture at Bad River on how they use the drawbar with a chain, but here's a link.

FYI, I exchanged email with Gerry at Bad River and they are just now coming out with an iMatch compatible hitch for $109. It uses the same drawbar chain mechanism to prevent uplift and it's painted JD Green. They built four initial units and two have already sold. After those four it will be a month until they have more available.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-08          61222

Thanks Ken. Neophyte over on the "other" tractor board sent me the picture of the safety chain. I wonder how much they would charge for just the chain. $109?????!!!!!! That is a really good price. I don't think my friend could fabricate and UPS you a hitch for that price. He is on National Guard drill right now and won't be back for another week. I will get a price from him if he is willing to do it. You may want to take those folks up on that I-match hitch before they change their mind on the price. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61240

Chief, I think I'll go ahead and order the Bad River hitch. They have been working with their local JD dealer to make sure it fits the iMatch and they have sized it to use standard JD iMatch bushings. It would probably take your friend a couple of trips to a dealer to get all the measurements right, and I don't see how he could do it for that price. The cherry picker of your setup would be nice but the loader and bucket hooks should work for my needs.

I really appreciate the offer though.

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61250

Ken, you will like the Bad River product.

When you get it, you will find you can slide any length 2 inch square tubing into the receiver and turn it into a boom pole by shortening your top link.

It is one of my back burner projects to set it up as above with a strap running back to the top link pin for extra support.

I have already used it without the extra support to lift and maneuver my chain harrow. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61254

That boom pole idea will work great with my hydraulic top link.

I was thinking of getting a carry all, but I figured the receiver hitch could serve double duty to both pull a trailer around and function as a lightweight carry all by adding one of those platforms that slide into a receiver. Now it can do triple-duty by adding boom pole. This is sounding like something no tractor should be without!

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61257

Can you shoot me there web address ? I'd like to oder one as well. I can use it for the hitch for a trailer, a platform that would work great for a 15-25 gallon sprayer and I also want to get one of those chain harrows from Cabelas to get better seed contact with. Maybe they'll make them a little faster if they get a couple of orders. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61259

Here ya go, but if you order before me and there's none left I'm gonna be mad :) (just kidding) ....

Link:   Bad River

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61261

I should mention some other details. You won't find it on their website yet. The part number of the iMatch receiver hitch is BR 70212. You will also need iMatch bushings for it, but I am waiting for clarification on the I.D. of them. Bad River will sell you the bushings but they don't have pricing on them yet, or you can get them from your JD dealer. The hitch will require a drawbar for the chain they use to keep the 3ph from rising up on you. If you don't have a drawbar you can get one from your dealer or Bad River will sell you one for $24.95.

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61266

To avoid confusion: the drawbar they sell you is actually the base of the hitch and goes between the lower arms of the three point hitch.

The chain has a 3/4 inch bolt welded to it and either goes on the swinging drawbar or the trailer hitch of the tractor. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61267

wouldn't the draw bar actually be welded together with the Female part of the hitch on a iMatch set up ? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61268

I'm not clear on the drawbar issue for the new model. Here is what he told me:

"The hitch adapter mounts to a drawbar as with our current model. The hitch adapter sells for $109.95, less the drawbar, plus shipping. It fits standard drawbars. You can use yours if you already have one, purchase one from us or get one from your local tractor dealer. We sell our drawbar for $24.99, plus shipping."

They are getting pictures of the new model taken today or monday and will post them on their web site shortly thereafter. That should clear things up.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61269

After looking at the schematic on their web site more I am guesseing that the draw bar is what the iMatch will hook to and The receivor will bolt to that. Either way it looks like a very nice set up and a great solution to a few ideas that I have been pondering. Thanks for the info ! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61270

After rereading his email and looking at the picture of their existing hitch on their website, it seems clear that you need both a horizontal drawbar for the hitch to mount on and the one that extends longitudinally from under the differential for the safety chain.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61272

ahhh, I'm a little slow on the 3 pth stuff. Your tractor looks like a praying mantis the way its set up. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61274

Now that you mention it, it does kinda look like a praying mantis! I've really gotta get some pictures of that grapple in action. It is so much fun that I forget all about pictures when I'm using it.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-08          61275

There ya go Ken! Now you have a fitting name for your tractor! ;-) Since you are already talking to the guys at Bad River; are you going to ask them if they would advertise their products on Tractor Point? Might be a good opportunity for them to sell their products and help support the board as well. Knowing you, I am sure you already have. :-) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-08          61277

Ken, I think I came up with a 7/8 ass solution. (half ass not being as good) I got some old swing set chain and opened up a the links at each end big enough to slip over the top link pin and ran the bottom end of the chain through the lower draw bar and ran a 5/8 bolt and double nutted it so the bolt and nut cannot back off. BEFORE you cut the chain, raise the 3 pt. hitch as high as you would feel comfortable with a trailer hooked to it and mark the chain and cut it there. My thinking is that sooner or later I am gonna forget all about that piece of chain and raise the 3 pt. hitch all the way up and being that the chain is the weak link; it will break rather than bend the draw bar and tear up the transmission case. The chain is still strong enough to hold the hitch and trailer tongue down but is the safety weak link. I will see if I can find a little stronger chain at the hardware store later today. What do you all think. Am I full of "Bovine Nutrient Residue" or do you concur with my thinking on this????? ;-) I will post some pics later of what I did. I am working on my Sea Ray right now and took a break. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61278

My wife has already named it the "Chomper" :-)

I mentioned to Gerry at Bad River that I found out about it on this board from Mark, and that a few people have expressed an interest, but I plum forgot to mention a TractorPoint ad.

Sorry Dennis!

But I will - he is getting back to me on the iMatch bushings and to send me photos. When he does I will tell him that he could get good bang-for-the-buck advertising with a TractorPoint ad.

Thanks for the reminder!

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61305

Chief, it seems to me your chain solution would work just fine - but I'm not the voice of experience on these issues (yet).

I'm curious how Bad River handles the situation where the 3ph may be hydraulically lifted higher than the limits of the safety chain. Mark, you have one, can that happen? How do they handle it? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-08          61317

I have posted 6 more pictures of the hitch all painted up nice a pretty John Deere Yellow. ;-) I also included the safety chain to keep the rockshafts from raising up if the trailer tongue weight shifts. I am going to see if I can find a heavier chain to use in place of the chain I am currently using but not too strong as I want to chain to break before the floating draw bar below the trans case bends. Take a look and see what you think?

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-08-09          61355

I made a reciever for the quick hitch on my TC33, with some parts I got at TSC. It all cost about $60.00 and it works very well. I was suprised to see my design was very similar to the one from bad river. I think my quick hitch is similar to the JD iMatch so this should work on a JD as well. It would cost slightly more since I already had the quick hitch bushings for my draw bar. I would post pics but do not know how. I have a digital camera and can get the pics into the computer but, I don't know how to get them posted. If someone would be kind enough to tell me I sure would appreciate it. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-09          61365

I don't think you want the chain to break, ever. If there is no control chain and the tongue load starts pushing the hitch around it hits the stops. Though that is not good it is the equivalent of throwing a rock.

If you use the chain as a weak link, by the time it breaks it is preloaded with several tons of pressure. Now your rock is being launched by a slingshot or a catapult.

The control chain on the Bad River hitch is probably heavy enough to lift a CUT off the ground. I do think you have to be smart about the way you use it. If you just jerk your 3 point control up it will stop at the limit of the chain but I don't know what happens to the 3 point internals with the excessive pressures generated.

It is very easy to slowly raise the hitch to remove most or all of the slack from the chain and that is what I would recommend doing with it.

There are actually two ways to handle the problem. The Bad River hitch and choke chain is a good way. The other way is to tow from a loaded ballast box and let the trailer try to push 800 pounds of ballast around.

I have both systems (see my pics) and both get the job done. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-09          61367

I was thinking about that last night Mark, and I think I am going to get a stronger chain for those very reasons. I also set the 3 pt. hitch height adjustment to limit the height to less than the length of the chain. I am just concerned about forgetting about the chain being hooked up and raising the hitch too high and bending the floating draw bar. I have to tac notes to my forehead to remember stuff like that. CRS is a curse! LOL! It would be a nice feature if there were some way to make a spring load damper inline with the chain to gradually absorb the shock and give you some warning before the stress gets too great. ....

View my Photos
Neophyte

2003-08-10          61413

Here is another supplier for the 2" receiver adapter for a 3-point hitch. They say it is I-Match compatible using Category II pins. It is more expensive than the one from Bad River but it is made in the good old State of Maine! Just saw one on a tractor today at Kramers (New Holland dealer). They have them for sale at Northern Tool and DR Country Home Products. Price little puppy at around $200.

Link:   FlexPoint Hitch from Summit Fabrications

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors Receiver hitch for iMatch

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-10          61415

Neophyte, thanks for posting that! That is a sharp looking hitch! Even looks like they used the same color paint I used on mine. I really like the suit case weight mount they have a special they are running. Looks like a great way to add counter weight! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61668

Bad River sent me some pictures of their new iMatch hitch. They said I could post the pics so here they are. I ordered mine today, but they sold all of their first production run already and it may be a month before the next ones are ready. This is a new product so their order line is not quite up to speed on it yet. Just order part number BR70212 and the company will know.

You will also need a horizontal drawbar that fits the iMatch (26" for category 1 3ph) and the appropriate iMatch bushings.

The lower thick walled bushings (two required) are JD part number LVU 12858, however you can save about $20 by going with a Cat1->Cat2 bushing (part no. PM 00351) inside of a Cat2->Cat3 bushing (PM 03009) on each side.

One top link bushing is required as well. The inexpensive solution for this is one PM 00353 inside a PM 03008.

Bad River can sell you the drawbar and bushings, but I'm buying that stuff locally to save shipping costs.

Picture Link

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61669

Another view.

I forgot to mention that the color match isn't right in the pictures but it will be on shipping units. ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-12          61673

Sharp looking set up. I couldn't tell any difference in the color match. But then again, I am partially color blind. Ken & Mark, I fabricated a safety cable out of some 800 lb. test plastic coat steel cable. I doubled the cable over and made a small loop to slip over the center link pin and threaded the over end of the cable through the hole in the floating draw bar and slid 3 heavy washers and a much bigger cable clam on that end. That should be plenty of strength to hold the hitch down. I will post some pictures of it. Only cost me $5.85 at the hardware store. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61674

Chief, it seems like that would work, although I don't have a clue what the worst-case uplift stress that the cable will have to endure. Hopefully you never have to find out! I really like the cherry picker part of your setup which this doesn't have. I can probably rig up a piece of 2" square steel tubing to serve a similar purpose though. Your friend should go into business making those things.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-12          61677

Like Mark was saying, you should be able to shorten the top link and tilt the hitch backward enough to use the exhisting receiver for a cherry picker just fab up a piece of 2 inch square stock with a hole for a pin and a hook on the other end. If any of the other members are interested in the hitch my friend made up. I can ask him if he is interested in make a batch of hitches when he gets back from NG drill. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-12          61679

Kws, I ordered a mad river hitch today as well. I guess we cleaned em out ! lol ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61682

Chief, Mark's idea would work great for a cherry picker. My hydraulic top link will add some ease of use with that as well.

Doc, did you talk to Gerry there today? When I exchanged email with him late last week he only had one left out of the first batch. Mine won't be here for a month or so, but that's OK since I don't have a trailer to use with it yet :)

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-12          61683

Yup I talked to Gerry. Mine is on its way Monday. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61687

Doc, you beat me. I told you I'd be mad if you got the last one and you went ahead and did it. Grrrrr. :-)

Congrats my friend, I hope it works well for you! I'm sure you'll let us know how it works out.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-12          61689

Just dont sic Chomper on me in my sleep...please ! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-12          61692

rumble, chomp, rumble, chomp, here I come :-)

View my Photos
Neophyte

2003-08-12          61713

Here is another really neat idea, which was a custom job by a DX33 owner and his friend who owns a welding business. Similar to the Summit Fab unit but slightly better. It combines a 2" receiver hitch with a suitcase weight rack. It has a set of stands so it can stand upright when removed from the tractor and await re-attachment. I think it's pretty slick! I'm checking with the guy to see if he is interested in making anymore of them and what they will cost. I will let you know what he says. If he doesn't want to make one, I'm going to have my brother (also a welder) make one for me.

About the only thing I could think of adding to this would be a bar or strap of some sort to keep the weights from bouncing off or shifting around??? I'm not sure how easily a 70lb weight would bounce off a rack???

Does anyone know about how much these suitcase weights cost?

There are a few pics of this combo device in my picture album. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-13          61736

Neophyte, that looks like a great idea. I think suitcase weights generally cost about a dollar a pound. They're pretty expensive. If you have another one made you might look at getting used weightlifting plates from places like Play It Again Sports. I have heard that used ones go for about 25 cents/lb there. You could just have a bar welded in place to hold 'em in place of the suitcase weight rack.

It amazes me how innovative people can be with a welder. I have to learn how to weld. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-20          62262

Hey Doc, you get your Bad River iMatch hitch yet? Mine arrived today about three weeks ahead of schedule. I wonder if they gave me yours because I spoke to them first. It looks great but I haven't had time to go down and get the drawbar and bushings yet. I'll try to hook it up tomorrow. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-20          62264

Nope sorry, Mines already setting on my tractor. I was talking to gerry today about fabricateing a PTO generator for me. They are only about 1.5 hours from my house and probably not 10 minutes out of my way when I head to my property each weekend. I am very pleased with their service. By the way the inserts they sold and added 20 % for were still cheaper than the TSC here. I'll get some photos up this week but I was waiting to get a log splitter. Looked at a few of them today. A little torn because the best deal I can find locally is a Northern Tool model with a 5.5 hp honda for $1,250 plus tax Vs the 5 hp briggs and the home deputput for $900. I dont really like the Huskees at TSC. Dave

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-20          62265

I guess Gerry rushed the iMatch version of their receiver hitch into production due to high demand. That's great.

He's gonna fabricate an entire PTO generator for you? Or do you mean you'll get a PTO generator and he will figure out a way to make it fit your tractor? ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-20          62267

I have not decided to do any thing yet but actually it was not a PTO generator but a belt driven one off the engine. He has taken a Generator hooked a volt meter and riged some sort of belt system to the motor. You adjust the throttle to the appropriate volts and ba da doom...Lights ! He also tells me he has a new Gizmo in the final stages that will allow the adaption of any non iMatch implement to the iMatch. I would think most of those would require new shafts though due to the extended length. I tried to buy stock but he wasn't selling any :( ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-20          62268

I would think he need some sort of engine controller to keep the engine speed (thus voltage) constant. It doesn't seem like a simple belt drive would be able to maintain a constant voltage under varying loads unless it's a very small generator. But what do I know?

A non-iMatch to iMatch adapter would be nice. I have never seen an iMatch incompatible implement, but I have to wonder what makes them incompatible in the first place. I suppose it would be caused by the vertical distance between the lower and upper mounts being wrong, the wrong spacing between the lower links, the upper and lower mount points not being in the same vertical plane, or any combination of these problems. An adapter may have to push the implement, what, 4" minimum further back? You're probably right, a new pto shaft may be required. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-20          62270

If anyone is interested; I talked to my friend and he said he would make a few on the hitches like the one I have in my pics. I'll have to get him to figure a price and shipping. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-20          62281

KW; speed control ? adjust the throttle untill the meter is right. Thats the same way many of the PTO models operate. I would say the vast majority of implements that exist right now are not iMatch compatable. Try hooking one up. argh, It will take more than a little fiddelin. Chief; I would think your friend has a tough row to hoe competeing with the quality and price of the bad river stuff. Pretty tough to beat that price and a lifetime garantee plus a safety chain that has a patent on it. Dave ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-20          62283

Doc, I started a new thread in the generators forum to discuss the PTO voltage stability issue. I'm curious about it and wanted to solicit more input. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-21          62337

Photo # 8 is of the Bad River iMatch set up. I could only get one photo before it started to rain. Dave ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-21          62348

Dave, that looks like a good setup. I hope to have mine installed later today. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-21          62350

Nice B-17 pic too! ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-08-21          62359

How heavy of a trailer will that handle Doc? ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-21          62361

Plots, I think it will handle as mutch as any class 3 hitch. Or what your tractor can handle. I have a 12 x 6 and it pulls just fine behind my toy tractor. We'll see how she does in the woods full of firewood, or that 12 pointer :) Dave ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-21          62365

I am sure you will max out any CUT before you reach the engineering limits of that hitch. ....

View my Photos
handyandy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-23          62519

For some time, I have been thinking about buying a 3pt to 2” receiver hitch but have been dragging my feet on which one to buy. I noticed a lot of buzz on this forum about the receiver hitch made by Bad river and the Flexpoint made by Summit.

I have concluded my evaluation of each and have decided to go with the folks at Summit. The Bad River appears to be an erector set approach copy of the Flexpoint, I am guessing that the Bad River unit is a knock off of the Flexpoint as Flexpoint has been in the marketplace for a long time…I know Northern tool has carried it for several years and they carry quality stuff..

My concern about the Bad River unit is that it uses the horizontal drawbar as its backbone. My experience with the horizontal drawbar is that structurally it is pretty flimsy because of all the large holes punched into it. I have seen them crack, bend and break. They probably should have used a solid steel bar. Then you’ve got the bolts needed to attach it to the horizontal draw bar ??? Will they vibrate loose overtime?

Summit’s hitch is all welded construction from thick wall square tubing. The structural integrity seems to be superior. I guess when I look at the dollar difference, it comes down to whether or not I want to worry about bolts snapping or vibrating loose and the drawbar bending, I decided to spend the money and not to worry about these things.

I also looked at the Bad River’s safety chain and concluded that it is another questionable design. I would like to have a $ for every chain I have snapped in two.

I noticed that Summit has an accessory they call the Suitcase weight rack which fits between the Flexpoint and the towing insert. It holds 12 suitcase weights totaling about 500 lbs of added weight. This would be a good counter weight for my FEL. They also suggest that you can use it on your pickup or SUV for traction on snowy roads.

Summit’s offering a good deal right now…a combo special thru N-News, a Flexpoint and Weight rack for $249 plus shipping….I’m buying!

Link:   Summit Fab

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-23          62528

Good choice. Hope it works well for you. I would also like to extend a welcome to Summit Fab as a new advertiser on our tractor board. Thanks guys!

So...... I went out and looked at my drawbar. After I attached the Bad River hitch there is only one hole showing on each side. The remaining steel on each side of those holes is about the same as the thickness of the 7/8 inch pin at each end that hooks to the 3 point arms.

In other words, it seems just as likely to break at the 7/8th pin (which EVERY hitch has to use) than it would somewhere in the middle.

I suppose there are some real poor quality drawbars out there and some better ones, like everything else.

I have about $125 invested in the Bad River Hitch with a chain to protect the 3 point hitch from over-travel.

I am guessing that the Flexpoint and the weight rack will cost about $320 with average shipping costs.

I am also betting that if you go to your local John Deere dealer and order 500# of suitcase weights, that he won't give them to you until you slap about $700 on the counter.

That is a lot of money to replace a three foot length of chain.

I could be wrong, but I think the package you are looking at could cost you a thousand bucks. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-08-23          62536

I can't see the horizontal drawbar (or chain) being a concern. Unless a person was to load the trailer wrong. ....

View my Photos
bmocad

2003-08-23          62538

I would like some information.
Does any one out there use a hydraulic top link?
If so how do you like it?
Where can you buy one or do you have to make themup your self. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-23          62540

I have a hydraulic top link as part of my Top and Tilt setup. It's great, I can't imagine doing without it. I bought the Top and Tilt setup from my JD dealer, but any dealer should be able to set you up with parts and advice for installing a hydraulic top link. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-24          62566

I cant speak about the others as I have never even looked at them. The Draw Bar I ordered from Bad River was $25.00. I got all the Pins/bushings/chain/drawbar/hitch and shipping fr $165.00 . The bar I received from them is very heavy. I have a 12' x 6' utility trailer and my little bitty tractor pulls it around loaded no problem. If I ever break the draw bar I suspect I will have a LOT more to worry about than a $25 part :) I think the chances of breaking any of theese is very slim unless terribly abused. Dave ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-06-04          87697

I ordered the Bad River Hitch a few days ago. Got a lady on the phone - she asked what partnumbers I wanted, then took my credit card number, address. Surprisingly she then told me they would call back in a couple of days or by snail mail to confirm and to total up the price. Kind of an interesting way to do business. Now I have given someone my credit card info and have nothing in return until they contact me. Maybe this is a slow time of year for them? I called them about 3 days ago. Hopefully I will hear from them before long. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-04          87710

I dealt with them completely via email and worked directly with Gerry who (I think) is the company owner. He was the guy who responded to me when I emailed for information from their website. You might try dropping them an email. If that doesn't work I can try to find his email address on another computer. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-06-04          87717

Ya, they have a bonded answering service just to take orders 24/7. The answering service doesn't always reflect as being the brightest star. Specific messages like "wanting a call back" aren't always noted and passed on. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-06-04          87738

Yooper! Thanks for looking into this! The order is on its way and I am looking forward to using my receiver hitch to pull my boat and utility trailers around. Bad River is, in fact, very responsive! ....

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-06-07          87951

From Gerry - The basic I-match hitch comes with (2) thick walled bushings LVU 12858 for the lower arms. You should have bushings for each implement you're connecting to. These bushings are quite expensive and list for $13.52 each from a JD dealer. A cheaper method is to use two thin walled bushings one inside another. They are actually category 1 to 2 and category 2 to 3 lift arm reducer bushings. PM 00351 and PM 03009 respectively and list for $.72 and $1.08.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-07          87954

Gerry's recommendation is right on the money, and I've been using the cheaper bushings for a year. They work great. On SOME implements they have to be cut down a bit because they're too long. Tractor Supply is supposed to sell some similar bushings that are a few cents cheaper than the JD parts and are a bit longer, but I don't have part numbers. Unfortunately we don't have Tractor Supply stores in Oregon. ....

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-06-07          87958

More from Gerry - You will also need a top link bushing set-up which is only available as one inside another. They are PM 00353 (cat.1-2) $.76 and PM 030008 (cat.2-3) $1.08. You will also need a top link pin. Normally there are two lengths of top link pins. You will need the longer one. The shorter pin is usually 2 3/4 long. The width of our hitch is 3".

You will also need a 26" spacing category 1 drawbar. Three lynch pins are needed (2) for the drawbar and (1) for the top link. JD usually sells them in a bucket for $.17 each.

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-06-07          87960

Unfortunately I did not order the Cat I 26" spacing drawbar - probably should have. Will have to find one locally. ....

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-06-07          87964

Just got a reply from Gerry about the drawbar situation. "The majority of our customers already have a drawbar, so we sell them separately. Sorry for the confusion. Your local JD tractor dealer should have them in stock. If not, we can supply you with one. We normally sell ours for $24.99 but it is painted "either Blue or Red" but am out of stock. I can get you a "black" one for $27.99 and shipping will be about $9.00. I could ship tomorrow June 8th. The JD version (black) should sell for about $25/$26.00 from your dealer. We don't sell enough drawbars to be real competitive, but some purchase from us for convenience. All the drawbars including the Deeres are made in China."

View my Photos
paluvsjoshua

2004-06-07          87965

Finished my discussion with Gerry from Bad River. Should get my order soon. Very impressed with the customer service which gives me confidence in the product's they offer. Thanks for the leads from this board in directing me to quality products. Regards and have a great summer. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-06-08          88058

I received my hitch and drawbar yesterday. Looks like a nice setup. Looking forward to using it. ....

View my Photos
Salpacino

2021-12-12          200807

Where did you get this? ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
Salpacino

2021-12-12          200808

Are you looking for this? I am too. ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
Salpacino

2021-12-14          200815

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunch32 | view 88058
I received my hitch and drawbar yesterday.Looks like a nice setup.Looking forward to using it.

Where did you get this drawbar and hitch??? ....

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2021-12-15          200817

The iMatch hitch in the photo is a Bad River product. My name is Gerry and I was the owner and driving force behind Bad River. Bad River was shuttered a number of years ago, but I do still have several extra hitches left. I lost enough money over the years and decided to call it quits. The earlier models were not iMatch compatible but were later upgraded. They were shortened to the proper height, painted JD green and supplied with the proper bushings as needed. My earlier handle on Tractorpoint was Yooperpete, before leaving the site for several years. Bad River was my attempt at selling consumer products. My experience under a different business name had always been in industrial products. I made a few mistakes along the way, thinking I had it covered!

1. We had a toll free number that rang into a bonded answering service with 24/7 coverage. Most calls and orders were placed late in the evening hours, weekends and holidays. My mistake was many customers expected technical support late in the evening, on weekends and holidays.
2. We had a website that fully described the products complete with part numbers and pricing. My mistake was not having free shipping. We charged shipping by weight and zip code. This kept the unit prices low! We had very low profit margins.
3. We generally shipped the next business day or within 2 days. We attempted to ship from stock.
4. We had about 6 innovative products with 2 U.S. Patents. Our error was thinking that Patents would stop infringement.
5. Our skilled machinists, welders and fabricators were paid a decent wage and were covered with health insurance. It is difficult to compete with businesses that operate out of a garage.
6. We accepted charge cards without an add-on fee. I don't have a charge card processing center any longer.
7. A marketing consultant monitored our website and found that over 85% of our web traffic came from Soviet block countries and China. Their time on our site was generally under one minute. That meant no intention to purchase but steal product concepts.
8. Our hitch product was modular in concept. It mounted to a standard drawbar which could be purchased locally and was heavy to ship. This would save the customer money!
9. Our product used a standard 2" hitch blank that was purchased from a major hitch supplier.
10. We had our hitches powder coat painted in satin black for a durable finish.
11. We had UV light resistant labels with OSHA compliant safety warnings.
12. The safety chain was thought to be a significant portion of a hitch design. We would have thought that Summit would have had multiple lawsuits by now. Product Liability Insurance is expensive, particularly if the provider knows the product is used on tractors. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2021-12-16          200818

Hi Gerry! It has been a few years. Good to hear from you. I don't have an I-Match hitch. Do you think they are worth the cost? If so, how much would you want for one of the extra hitches you have left? ....

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2021-12-17          200819

My tractor implements are not iMatch compatible nor do I have an iMatch frame. So I don't have any experience using one. I always use a large prybar to slide implements in place during hookup. The BR basic hitch unit is iMatch compatible with the proper height spacing. The hitch comes with a safety chain and mounting hardware to attach to a standard drawbar.

A standard installation also requires a drawbar, category 1 top link pin and 3 lynch pins. These items can be purchased from me, your local tractor dealer or tractor parts dealer. The basic hitch is powder coated satin black.

For an iMatch installation, I usually paint the hitch JD green. Two thick walled lower link bushings mounting over the drawbar pins are also needed as well as a thick walled top link bushing. I can supply these or you can purchase locally as mentioned above. If you purchase locally, I can give I.D., O.D. and OAL. for each.

I will sell the hitch for the same price that BR had established. No cost increases for inflation, etc. Since I cancelled my credit card service, I would accept a check issued to my other business name.

You can save a few dollars by purchasing locally and reduce shipping costs. I will get with my secretary on Monday to determine the hitch unit original price. If you decide to purchase more items from me, I will also followup with pricing.

You can call or text me at 989.239.5827. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2021-12-17          200820

Wow. What a blast from the past! Yooperpete and the chief..............Good to know you guys are still kicking.

Yooper sold a quality product and I used mine for years. Gave it to a friend with an old Ford ag tractor and he is still using it for some heavy duty work. I moved on to a generic quick hitch that I got from Harbor Freight and that is on my current BX. It has one feature I accidentally found quite useful. It has about an inch of float on each lower hook.

I learned over the years that the easiest way plow snow was to use a box blade in reverse by pulling the top link up tight and running in reverse with the rear blade about 1/2 inch off the ground so the whole thing is sliding on the curved rear face of the front blade.

It floats just enough to follow the contours of my gravel drive way.... no more ugly gouges. And I don't have to swap implements back and forth laying in the snow. When you hit your 7th decade some things just don't seem as much fun as they used to...........

View my Photos
Hogslayer

2021-12-17          200821

Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback. For snow removal I use my loader bucket. By over curling it, I can get the back area to make ground contact with the front edge skimming about an inch above. Out in the country with farm fields all around, snow drifts get about 3 feet deep for a long distance (50 yards to 100 yards or so). A rear blade doesn't work for me. The snow depth is too deep, pushing the traditional way creates so much pressure that the shoes bend. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2022-03-19          200921

I do not use any of my tractors for plowing snow now because the Polaris 570 RZR w/front blade is so much faster and it does have an enclosed cab w/heater

...................................:(.............. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login