Go Bottom Go Bottom

Is there a downside to using LoadMatch

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-22          59940

The JD manual isn't exactly verbose to describing how LoadMatch works - it simply says, and I quote, "LoadMatch enables the operator to prevent the engine from stalling during heavy load applications such as operating a loader.". I have found it to be useful when climbing hills as well, and leave it engaged all the time, but I'm wondering if there's a downside to this. Is there ever a good reason to shut it off?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-22          59941

With Load Match engaged, you may generate more heat in the transmission as the computer modulates the transmission back in lei of the engine. I use it on hills with tall or thick grass and with the loader. I don't think you will hurt it. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-22          59942

I don't know, kwschumm. I leave mine on all the time too. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-22          59943

I'm not really familiar with the fine points of this system but I have heard about it.

Off the top of my head I would say that in cases where you are applying two different loads you would need to be careful.

I would think if you were doing some heavy pulling, skidding a tree for instance, if the engine sped up as a result of the load you would get into a never ending acceleration curve. As you speed up the load increases which causes the engine to speed up more which creates even more load still. It could concievably get you going faster than you would care to be going in such an instance.

Maybe those nice people at the factory can offer a little more wisdom.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-22          59945

Murf, I think the way it works is it'll slow the tractor down instead of the engine. Don't hold me to this theory. It's just me thinking and that is dangerous. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-22          59950

I fired off an email about this to JD. If/when they respond I'll post the response back here. Until then I think I'll leave it off unless I need it, especially with the hot weather we're having right now. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-23          59987

I sent this question to Deere and am not very satisfied with the answers I got from two different people.

The first guy said he didn't know much about it, but "I have heard of some units that will only reach half (+ -) travel speed when the Load-Match function is activated. OR the the unit will not complete the calibration process. therefore, I have to ask .. "what is the upside of running with Load Match enabled full time?"

Of course the upside to leaving it on full time is that I don't have to remember to switch it on when climbing hills, where it seems to help a lot. I have never had a problem with my 4310 only reaching 1/2 the travel speed with load match on so that seems kind of like BS to me.

The second response I got was this: "Given the technical nature of your inquiry, my suggestion is to continue to work with your John Deere dealer for assistance. They are best equipped to address your concerns and have a number of resources available to assist you. These resources include dealer technical assistance center that the dealer can use for possible advice and solutions regarding your machine."

Pretty useless. I need to go to the dealer in the next couple of days to buy some supplies so I'll hit them up in person with this question.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login