Go Bottom Go Bottom

30-35 hp tractors 4300 what else

View my Photos
Kevin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-14          5966

I'm shopping around for a tractor similar in size to the new 4300. I don't want to wait for a 4300 to show up at my dealership, and I want to drive the tractor before I decide to buy it. I'm pretty much set on JD but NH is close second. My question is what other model #'s should I be looking at in the 30 hp. range. And which ones have hydro. (I have not decided yet that I need hydro. trans) I do want a fairly new tractor, one that I can live with for many years. I plan on having a loader, Bush Hog, 3pt. finish mower, snowblower, rear blade, and a post hole driller as attachmets. Your help is very much appreciated!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BRYAN B.

1999-07-14          5967

LOOK AT THE JOHN DEERE 79030 ENGINE HP 25 PTO VERYDEPENDABLE TRACTOR ....

View my Photos
Steve

1999-07-14          5968

I have a JD 955 w/ #70A front loader, 6' rear blade, and Woods RM990 90" rear discharge mower. This is an excellent tractor that I use to keep up my 38 acres. I mow 12 acres, grade my 800 ft gravel drive, and clean out my barn with the loader along with landscape work and gardening. These tractors are still available new from Deere in their golf and turf section online.The tractor has 27 pto hp and 33 gross. It is plenty powerfull enough to cut 2ft tall meadow grass with the big three blade mower deck. The only thing that is fiberglass is the hood, unlike the new 4000 series.The drive is a two speed hydro that performs very well. You shopuld be able to pick up a good used one for about $15,000 for tractor and loader with less than 500 hours. ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-07-14          5974

I would seriously look at a NH TC33(I think?) w/supersteer.I would also recommend staying away from a Gear equip't JD4300. Based upon other readers, they don't seem to be bulletproof trannys yet. Regardless of make, you will never go wrong with a hydro. Using a loader, or any implement that requires frequent reversalsis a pain in the a^& on a gear'd unit,after using a hydro. Secondly, If you ever sell it, and NEVERsay NEVER, I know quite a few guys, including myself, that would pass over your unit simply because its a gear. Or, it would have to be a GREAT,GREAT price, which means your loosingyou butt on the sale. On the other hand, if I was using the unit for big and/or long fieldapplications, I would probably opt for the gear. Can't believe I'm saying this, but don't forgetabout the Kubota's 2710. Although slighty smaller (27hp), I think it is a serious contender in your required hp range. ....

View my Photos
Kevin

1999-07-14          5976

Can all of these run a front mount snowblower?? ....

View my Photos
Tommy D.

1999-07-14          5982

Since both JD and NH tractors this size are made by either Isekei or Yanmar anyway, I would say look at the Kubotas. Less expensive and a lot of bite for the buck. Got to keep the Japanese economy going.My Opinion,Tommy D... ....

View my Photos
RANDY

1999-07-14          5991

i just bought a 7360 , 36 hp cub cadet . Its a great tractor at a good price i paid 14700 . ....

View my Photos
Tim Seiler

1999-07-14          6002

I currently own a JD 4300 with 65 hours on it. I traded in my NH 1530 because it was underpowered, poor lift capacity and leaked every time I turned around.The engine also was hard to start unless the preheater was held on for 10 seconds, unlike the 4300 which has started in a couple of seconds hot or cold.The loader on Boomer was rated at 880# lift capacity which was 3/4 filled bucket at most. The 4300 tends to get me in trouble sometimes since the loader can lift the rear tires off the ground before the rams stall out if I forget to hook up my weight box.New Holland makes a better cutting belly mower, since it only has front anti-scalp wheels instead of front and rears on the JD (the rears slide sideways when turning tight and rip up the turf), however it is very hard to remove the belly mower from the NH with Supersteer, to which JD has the advantage!Even though the JD cost more, and I lost $$ by trading so soon after purchasing the Boomer, my 4300 has been an excellent investment!! Have gotten great service from Sauk Prairie Equipment in Sauk City, Wi.! ....

View my Photos
Kevin_SC

1999-07-15          6009

I have a Kubota L 3010 HST, 32 HP gross, comes statdard with mid PTO. And the loader capacity is more than NH and Deere. Hst. trans. works VERY well. I use a 60 in. finish mower. I also have the R4 tires, they are BIG but also float on the yard, (no dammage so far). The only problem is it takes longer to install the loader than the Deere. Hopefully with some practice this will get better. Test drive them all and most of all get a good dealer for service and parts. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-07-15          6015

Suggestion to alleviate your problem of rear gauge wheels disturbing turf in tight turns. The wheels should not be carrying most of the weight of the mid-mount deck on a JD. The tractor should be carrying it with the gauge wheels front and rear slightly off the surface if you set the height of cut while on a concrete slab. In the turf these wheels will turn from brushing through the grass, but they should only be providing significant support force when passing over a bump or hillcrest. Most of the time they won't be carrying a high support load in a turn and thus won't have the ability to tear turf. There is a depth stop on the tractor so you can adjust the desired height of cut. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login