Go Bottom Go Bottom

sabre

View my Photos
hondoq
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-01          56175

i was checking the air filter on my 23 hp 2 cyl.sabre garden tractor to see if it needs cleaning and as i pulled out the air filter i saw that there was motor oil with the filter it wasnt a lot of oil but im wondering how come there was oil with the air filter.i cleaned the oil put the air filter bacc and ran the tractor for about 15 minutes.i cheked the air filter again but this time there was no oil.can ny one please tell me what this means and how come oil is with air filter.if there is somthing wrong?thankyou for your respons

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

sabre

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56178

I think 2 cycle air filters are suppost to be oiled,I't aids in stopping the fine stuff. You might want to take it back apart and oil it . ....

sabre

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56181

If it has a foam type air filter, it should have a very light coat of oil on it. The paper type is a dry filter. ....

sabre

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56305

Billy is absolutely right. Foam filters get a coat of oil. If it is easer you can get spray oil like the K&N filter charger oil. It is easy and fast. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login