Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD210 Loader Installation

View my Photos
ScooterMagee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-20          55180

I took delivery of my new JD 2210 2-weeks ago, and it's great. Now, I think I need the JD210 loader for a retaining wall project. I checked with my dealer on price, and they want (in my opinion) way too much $$$ to install. To save some money, I asked if I could install it myself. They said: "Well I guess so, but wouldn't recommend it due to the difficulty". So the question is, Has anyone installed one of these? And, how hard can it be? I assume it comes with a comprehensive installation manual.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-20          55188

If you are somewhat handy, it's very simple. I suggest looking a one "in person" and there you will see it's simple. I assume you have the DSCV on your machine? ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2003-05-20          55197

Yes, when I ordered the tractor, the dealer had the foresight to include the DSCV. Mine was only the second 2210 to go through this particular dealer. So, at this time, I have no actual 210 loader to look at, unless I buy one. But, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like about a dozen bolts, and you're ready to go. Though, the dealer did say something about some special (tricky) hydraulic hose routing. But, I'm sure this would be covered in the manual. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-25          55521

Putting the assembled FEL on the tractor takes about three minutes. I can not imagine that the saveings for installation could possibly be worth the effort. Here a FEL is about 2k. It seems like a lot of steel to lift to save a few $. ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2003-05-30          56031

My dealer wanted $1950, for the FEL in the crate, and $200 more to install. I ordered it today, but will install myself. ....

View my Photos
wolfcreek
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-30          56062

If the dealer is charging $200 for install, it should take 3 to 4 hours to install. I have a 2210 (MMM 62 & FEL) on hold at the local JD dealer and I was going to go today and make the final arangements for delivery, but I had to pickup my mother from the hospital. I will go tomorrow or Monday. ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2003-07-14          59462

Well, after a 7-week wait, I picked up my 210 FEL Saturday. Took me about 2-hours to install. Very straight forward, except for the installation of the protective mesh on, and routing of the hydraulic hoses. Also, I quizzed the dealer, on whether additional hyraulic/tranny fluid would be required. And he assured me there would be enough in the system. However, after cycling the arms and bucket several times, the fluid level was now below the sight glass. So, I ran to TSC (since the dealer was closed by this time) and bought a gallon of "Hy-grad". It only took a little over a quart to bring it to the proper level.

Any additional tips, comments or guidance on this install would be appreciated (anything to keep me from screwing something up). Thanks.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-14          59463

Glad to hear it went well. Not much to screw up once you have it all together. takeimg it on and off now will only take you a couple of minutes. I am truelly impressed with what the loader on this machine can do. ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2003-07-14          59465

I did not get the "Bucket Level Indicator" with mine. The dealer neglected to mention that this was a separate add-on. Do you find these things useful? (or worth the $37) ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-14          59466

Absolutely. Get it. You will find it indispensable. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-14          59467

I agree with mark completely. I added one to mine and I use it every time I use the loader, they are worth every penny. ....

View my Photos
Minerr

2003-07-14          59468

What is the "Bucket Level Indicator", where does it go and how does it work. My dealer did not say anything about it to me. I have had my 2210 for a little over two weeks. Does everyone change the oil the first time after 5 hours?? I have been very busy and only have 4.5 hours on it but need to mow my lawn. I can only get grade # 2 diesel fuel. I was told the winter additive is put in about Oct time frame. I have never owned a diesel before Is # 2 diesel ok to burn all the time? So many questions, but I know you all have answers, thanks, in-advance ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-14          59478

The first oil change is at 50 hours. I would sure hope everyone changes their oil and trans fluid/filters at that point. The bucket level indicator is a rod in a sleeve that you mount on the side arm of the loader. You level the bucket and then cut off the top of the rod that is sticking out or paint it so you will know when your bucket is level by looking at your indicator. Any automotive diesel should be more than adequite. ....

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2003-07-14          59479

I thought the first oil change was at 50 hours?

Also, you convinced me. I ordered a bucket level indicator today. Should have it in 7 to 10 days. Thanks. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-14          59480

The first 50 hours is necesary for breaking in the engine. It is equally or even more important to change the hydro/trans fluid, filter and clean the screen to clean out any small metal shaveings, debris that was left in the trans case from the manufactureing process. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-14          59482

1: A bucket level indicator bolts on to the FEL. It's a long rod that runs up through a piece of tubing. The rod indicates when the bucket is level, by way of looking where the rod is on the tubing. You'll see what I mean, once you get it bolted on. It's about a 5 minute job, including reading instructions, getting the tools in hand and installing.

2: Your first oil change is due at 50 hours, not 5.

3: #2 diesel is fine. It's the only thing I've ever run. If you have extremely cold winters, you might want to add some kind of winter additive (but only in winter). Oklahoma weather is pretty mild, so I don't know about that stuff. ....

View my Photos
Minerr

2003-07-14          59487

I got the maintenance manual with my 2210 it says in there for rebuilt or remanufactured engines to change oil not any later then 5 hours. My dealer gave me oil and filter and said to change after 5 hours or 5 to 10 hours. I see in the operator manual 50 hours to change the oil, that is why the question. I have always thought new oil is better then old so have always changed oils a little sooner then what is posted and have never worn out an engine yet, in anything I have Owned . I thought 50 hours a bit much for a new engine. Thanks for the other info. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-14          59489

Minerr,

Since you have a 'new' 2210, it better not have a rebuilt or remanufactured engine!!! The break-in period for rebuilt engines are totally different that new ones.

I have heard that new diesel engines come with a break-in oil. I can find no reference in my owners manual about this. Never the less and just in case, I wouldn't change oil in a new diesel engine until it reaches around 50 hours. After the initial break-in period, you can change oil once a year or every 100 hours (as often as you like). Like you said, new oil is better than old.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-14          59492

Generally speaking I think changeing the oil more often than reccomended is a good thing. Your new engine comes with break in oil and you dont want to change it any sooner than 50 hours. What page in the 2210 manual are you seeing this about rebuilt engines ? ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-15          59523

I'll go against the grain here and say that I have a level indicator but don't use it. They indicate when the bucket is level with respect to the tractor not the ground. If the tractor is on a slope, a level bucket isn't usually what I want.

On the other hand, I can't really see my indicator. The rod has a knurled band on it to indicate the level position. If I painted the knurled area with a real bright paint, then I might find it more useful. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login