DEERE 4000 Series Availability & Delivery Dates 
: John Deere Review  -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum and Review DEERE 4000 Series Availability & Delivery Dates : John Deere Review -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 06-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 5159
Joe

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Hello All, I'm trying to get some input from "Everybody" that would like to respond.On John Deere 4000 series, mainly hydro's... or any type trans. for that. If you have ordered any from your local dealers, what have been the original "Time Frames " they have given you for delivery ... Has it been accurate, or acceptable for it to take the time you are told it will take, or has taken? I am taking a general consensus on what "you the Customer" thinks on these delivery times. I would appreciate if you could list the model # , trans.type, state or area of the country you are in , and the length of time it has taken or projected to take before you get your New 4000 series . I would also be interested in knowing if there is any one here that has had a 4000 series on order and has cancelled do to "length of time it will take" to get in? and if they went into a paticular different brand ? The reason for this ..... I may want to forward your replies to the right people at John Deere and let them get a "Good Idea" at what the Customer really thinks on these availability issues, and if they "LOST" any customers due to this. Any other comments are welcomed also.Thankyou for any and all input on thisJoe

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

06-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 5172
John, SW Missouri

I had a 4200 CST w/420 loader and post hole digger delivered today. I bought it yesterday and was fortunate that is was on the lot. The delivery person told me that all 4000 series with hydro are nealry impossible to get right now. I have a JD 455 lawn/garden tractor with 60" deck (hydro) that I use for cutting 3+ acres. I didn't feel the hydro was necessary for the 4200. Locally there are several 4000 series tractors available - the loaders which are made in Canada seem to be holding things up.

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5181
Rob

Filter by User

Called the dealer on Tuesday morning looking for a 4600, he delivered on Thursday evening. 4600 w/PowerShifter, loader and backhoe.

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5182
Chuck

I have a JD 4400 HST on order. I placed the order on April 26th and was originally told to expect delivery in mid July. The dealer called back within two weeks however and indicated that updated information had pushed delivery date to late August or early September. That would mean about 18 weeks after the order was placed. My dealer is in Eveleth Minnesota (the arrowhead country on Minnesota's Iron Range). I am sitting tight and waiting.

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5183
Al

JoeOrdered my 4300 with HST and 4300 loader on May 5th and was told that it would be 45 - 60 days for delivery. I stopped into the dealter yesterday (June 15) and he advised that I am still scheduled to receive the unit in that time frame. He did say that the company is not giving any time frame on units that are ordered now. My dealer is in NE PA. and has been around for 23 years, and has an excellent reputation. Tis is my first time dealing with him, so I guess I will find out first hand. After looking at al the other options, I decided that it was worth waiting for the 4300, as it fit the bill for me.

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5185
greg

Ordered a 4300 hydro in mid feb and just got it last friday.I assumed it would take a while just from reading the post on this board. Much longer, though, and I think I would havegone with Kubota!

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5186
Paul

Ordered a 4300 HST with 430 loader 4 in 1 and mid mower, in March. Originally told 6-8 weeks. I realized it would longer from reading the posts on this board. As of yesterday, dealer tells me it is on a truck to him, he expects it any day. I traded in an old 430 garden tractor. The dealer sold my old machine weeks ago. I would have made a different deal if I had know then what I know now. I'm in the Hudson Valley in New York.

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5188
Mike

Filter by User

I looked for an awful long time, but when I heard the extended delivery times from y'all, and heard the same thing from one of the two dealers around here, I changed my mind and went with the NH. Loved both machines, but couldn't justify the long wait. We're in mid-MO. Thanks!

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5189
MichaelSnyder

TP Contributor

Joe,My understanding is that JD was not prepared for how well the 4000 series has gone over with the public. My understanding is that the 4k series was aimed at bringing JD back intothe compact market, of which they were losing quickly. their strategy appeared to work, only better than they were preparedfor. I'm sure JD is scrambling to reduce the current lead times. But manufacturing is not something where you hire a couple more people and everything is back on track. I'm sure they are well aware of the losses they are taking becausepeople don't want to wait. I would also assume they had a contract with Yanmar, to provide (x) number of units per week or month.Regardless of the money available, new assembly lines take months to install.Maybe we should also send a letter to Harley Davidson, to decrease the current waiting list of 1-1.5 YEARS!Of course you could just buy a Suzuki and park it with the Harleys!

06-16-1999, 00:00 Post: 5192
Keith

Just stopped by a local JD dealer here in SC last Monday pm. He had a 4100, a 4200, (3) 4300's (one a HST and two were Collar shift), and I think he also had a 4400 as well as a great big 5210. They're out there....Keith

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Thread 5159 Filter by Poster:
Al 1 | Alan 1 | brett chitwood 1 | Chuck 1 | Dave 3 | Derek 1 | DougH 1 | droz 1 | Frank taylor 1 | greg 1 | Joe 1 | John, SW Missouri 1 | Keith 1 | Kevin_SC 2 | Mark_in_NH 1 | MCS 3 | MichaelSnyder 1 | Mike 4 | Paul 1 | Rob 2 | Robert 1 | RobertN 1 | Roger L. 1 | Scot, CT 2 |

Most Viewed

+ John Deere 2210 Backhoe Review
+ John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractors
+ John Deere 790 fuel shut-off solenoid failing???
+ John Deere low viscosity HY GARD
+ John Deere JD 4100 Wiring diagram
+ JD 790 or Kubota L3000DT
+ Should I buy a John Deere 4105???
+ John Deere 4300 turns over but won't start
+ John Deere 455 garden tractor
+ Oil Change for Diesel Tractor

Most Discussion

+ John Deere 4300 scuffing......
+ Possible Solution To The 4000
+ Dealer out to lunch
+ Just got my new JD 4410 - Prob