Go Bottom Go Bottom

4410 - Another e-hydro problem

View my Photos
TimInNH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-19          49539

Hi -

Since I got the original problem fixed, by getting a new controller installed (originally I couldn't get the tractor to move unless I shut it off and restarted), it has been running great. But, I've noticed another problem lately and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. From time to time, when I'm snowblowing and I press the pedal to go into reverse, it won't move. But, if I bring my foot up and then back down, it then works okay.
I'm wondering if I have yet another defective controller.
Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks.

- Tim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
E9 livin

2003-02-26          50113

I have a 2003 4310 ehydro and have had the same problem. I thought because I was wearing snow boots I might be mashing both pedals at the same time. I have about 30 hours on the tractor. One other problem I have is when going down the road in cruise at max speed the cruise will disengage,this is a real attention getter when the rear wheels lock up with no warning. I have not contacted my dealer because the tractor is used for snow removal and I would hate to have to shovel a 600 foot drive. I have full confidence he will correct the problem when I make him aware of it. ....

View my Photos
TimInNH

2003-02-26          50117

E9 livin - I too have a 600 foot driveway... :-)
And, I also thought I was accidentally hitting both pedals at once with my boots, so I really took notice after that and determinded that it is definitely the tractor and not me.

Yes, I can imagine that it would wake you right up when the cruise disengages suddenly! I haven't used mine yet, so I'm not sure if it has that problem, too.
If you could please post your results on how your dealer handles the problem, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks and good luck!!

- Tim ....

View my Photos
cef2lion

2003-02-26          50129

I had this cruise problem with my 4310. It would disengage at times. My dealer was out to install some fix to the tilt wheel. He adjusted a brake switch that has fixed the cruise issue since. Not sure if the problem is related.

craig ....

View my Photos
E9-livin

2003-02-26          50141

I just tossed out a quick reply from work today, sorry about not having a profile. I have now regestered and completed my profile. I to have watched the two pedal issue and have not been able to catch myself hitting both. I plow in B range, so not sure if I have the same problem in other ranges. The cruise thing is a problem I will need corrected. My dealer is excellent and I havce a good relationship with them, this is my second Johnnie Popper. I will buy from the again if the need arises. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login