Go Bottom Go Bottom

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
Tom Surfur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-18          49484

Has anyone had their 70 loader lock up with bucket in the down curl position? Lift works fine, only the curl function has locked up. It appears as though the bucket wants to uncurl based on increased load on engine, and slight movement and can see pressure on hydraulic lines. But no budge. I've had my 755 about 14 years and the loader only about 2-3 years.

I want to swap the lift cylinder and bucket cylinder lines at the "quick connect" to see if it is the valve assy. Which brings me to another question. Has anyone found an easy technique or tool to connect and disconnect the hydraulic loader lines at the quick connect under the left floorboard? There is just not enough hand room to get any leverage to push in the hose while sliding back the sleeve. In the cold weather with stiff hoses it becomes next to impossible. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
dutch445

2003-02-18          49485

Double, and Triple check your hydraulic couplers! take them off, and put them back on, and make triple sure they are all the way on!
That's a place to start..
good luck

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
TomG

2003-02-19          49495

Dutch's explanation sure sounds like that's what going on.

The easiest way to connect lines is to relieve line pressures before disconnecting them. Sit the loader on the ground and with the tractor off and work the valve in each direction. That relieves any pressures. If that's not done pressure stays in the disconnected lines, which makes connecting them again difficult.

If there's pressure in the lines now it may have to be relieved to get the lines to reconnect easily. If the lines terminate in male connectors, the solution for mild cases is to wrap a rag around the end and push the connector ball against a tire or maybe something harder. There'll be a squirt of oil that ranges from messy to dangerous. Higher pressures may require hitting the ball with a soft-faced hammer or some similar tactic. I've used a vice-grip to clamp on a fitting, placed the vice-grip handles on something solid, a board over the ball and a 3-lb. hammer. I've also tried to loosen fitting to bleed down the pressure and had success once. Generally you'd have to use really long wrenches to take apart fitting that are under pressure and there are safety isues.

It's the same idea for female connectors but something has to go into the fitting to depress the ball but also not damage the fitting.

Even if pressure is relieved before disconnecting the lines, an implement taken of on a cool day and remounted on a hot sunny day often has to have the line pressures relieved. Trying to connect quick-connects in tight places is a pain--maybe they should be called quick-disconnects. I'm not aware of a tool, but relieving pressures probably makes connecting them a tolerable job.

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2003-02-19          49518

Just confirming Dutch and Tomg's advice.

I will add that I have encountered faulty connectors also, and they had to be changed even though thay apeared to be connected properly. ....

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
SurrrfurTom

2003-12-25          72171

Thanks much for the replies. I meant to follow-up on my question previously, but in reviewing my old posts I realized I hadn't .....well better late than never. It did turn out to be a defective hydraulic connector on the tractor. I replaced it with a new type that is easier to connect as the slide stays back by itself until the loader male end is seated. I wish the other 3 were that type but they are expensive. ....

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-25          72175

MRETHICS, I sure hope you will come back and start posting for the new year! ....

Question 755 70 Loader

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-26          72241

Thanks for the note. It's always good to hear how things turn out. It sounds like you got a 'one-hand connect' type of female coupler. You may have a type that also connects under full system pressure, which require less attention to relieving line pressures when disconnecting hoses. They are a bit expensive. I may make a conversion to this type because it can be a little frustrating trying to hold back slides with oily fingers on my closely spaced valve couplers with one hand while wrestling using the other to wrestle with the hoses. My valve has three sections, so there's not much to grab on the centre coupler. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login