Go Bottom Go Bottom

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
2210jd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-17          49407

My father recently took ownership of a new 2210. I have also ordered one and should take delivery of it late this month. I have a question/concern with regard to the attachment of the belly mower to the 3-point:

A service guy from the dealership has been to my father's house twice to attach his belly-mount mower. Both times he has bent the connecting rod that ties the mower deck to the 3 point. It seems as though he has over-traveled the 3 point; the first time with it going up and the second time with it going down. I believe this is what has caused the rod to bend. Now the dealership has requested to come and pick the tractor up to take it back to their shop for review.

It seems as though there should be a way to precisely limit the travel of the 3 point to prevent this from happening. This is unchartered territory for both of us. I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-19          49500

Did You or your dealer get this resolved ? I am going to order a 2210 next week and as far as I can tell one of the major differences between the 4010 and the 2210 are the frame and pto. The 2210 is less expensive and has a larger engine on a garden tractor frame. This is at least my limited understanding. For me overall cost is a factor as I am just going to use it to till wildlife food plots, In short its a toy more than a necessity. I would like to know if others are haveing PTO problems though. ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
2210jd

2003-02-19          49549

As of right now the issue hasn't been resolved. In fact, the dealer is coming to pick the tractor and deck up this morning. Hopefully I'll know something within the next day or 2. I will post the findings as soon as I know something.

I too went with the 2210 as the seemingly "best bang for the buck". I hope this proves to be the case. I plan to use mine for lawn mowing, tilling wildlife food plots, snow removal, etc. Ultimately - more of a toy than a necessity (although I'll never admit this to my wife !!). ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
John R.

2003-02-22          49795

The link you describe being bent is also used with other tractors. The link is adjustable in length and must be set to the correct length which varies according to the tractor. This length is given in the installation instructions. I am guessing that the person doing the installation left out an important step. ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
2210jd

2003-02-24          49897

The tractor has been returned and the deck is operating perfectly fine. The dealer told my dad that a bracket had been incorrectly installed at the factory and that was causing the connecting rod to bend. I'm unclear as to which bracket it was. Supposedly they did check on the previous attempts to make sure that the rod was the correct length before installing it. Anyway - problem solved so everyone's happy. The dealer called me last Friday and said that my 2210 had also arrived and will be delivered to my house sometime this week. Can't wait to play !! ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-24          49908

You will love that machine. I have worked/played on mine since arrival and boy it's a blast to move snow. ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-02-24          49916

I ordered a 2210 today with FEL and i match plus the 450 tiller. Do you use the FEL for snow ? ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
Bud2210

2003-03-14          51161

I purchased a new 2210 in Jan and although we don't usually get much snow in N. VA it was a very timely purchase with two snows back to back, 8" and 14". I used the FEL and it worked great! I have the turf tires and they pushed fine, filling the bucket that I used to dump the snow to the sides. With a blade it would have been much harder to dispose of the snow this deep.

I love the tractor. I have a balast box I filled with bags of sand and and 54" belly mower. I also have a bale spike for moving small round bales of hay.

Can anyone recommend a rear blade for the 3pth and what a resonable price should be? ....

2210 deck attachment

View my Photos
mhalla

2003-03-18          51409

Bud2210,

I recently ordered a Midwest rear blade RB22-60 from a tractor dealer in Kentucky. The price was $325 but I've seen some dealers asking $295.

This blade costs a bit more than a standard blade that only angles to the left or right. This blade incorporates pull pin adjustment for tilt, offset, and index. No need to get out a wrench to make tilt and offset changes like so many other blades that provide for tilt and offset.

I should have it in a week or two. It even comes in green to better match my 2210! ....

Link:   Midwest rear blade

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login