Go Bottom Go Bottom

4400 48 hoe Power Beyond connection

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-30          48400

Power Beyond connection for 4400 with 48 hoe. I have a clearance issuse with the disconnect of the PB hose. JD gave me a second hose to connect to the primary to extend the loop so that when hoe is in place I can disconnect tractor and connect hoe system. Is this a typical arrangement for the rest of owners? Or has your dealer found a better way to loop the hose? If so how? What part #s? Was it a PIP?

The current system works but seems awkward.

Thanks Harvey

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-30          48424

Hi Harvey,

I have a 4700 w/48 and have not had any problems with the power hose but I did have the dealer put a 10" extension on the return to sump hose so I could reach it from the seat without standing on my head :) , maybe the 4700 has more space back there.

David ....

View my Photos
DICK-W
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-30          48428

I have a 4300 with a #48 BH with no extra hoses on the PB other than the ones that it came with and have no clearence problems. What is the second hose for ? Another application for the PB ?. I can connect and disconnect the BH when it is on the tractor without problems. I believe the 4400 and 4300 are identical units except for the engine. I will agree the PB hoses are not the easiest to get at. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-01-30          48433

Harvey, yes my #48 hoe for the 4300 tractor came with an extension hose for the power beond. It is a tight fit, but with the extension hose it works ok. I also found that changing the backhoe seat bracket from the inside of the hoe frame to the outside of the frame gave enough clearance so the tractor seat back and the backhoe seat back aren't rubing together. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-02-01          48508

Hardwood I assumed others with this model 4300/4400 would be doing the same. The 2nd hose extension works ok, I really do not have a complaint. The hwhole thing works one heck of a lot better than the old Arps 3ph system I was using.

Dick the 2nd hose is an extension hose because of the clearance with the filter housing and BH frame. I have been toying with the idea of getting a new custom built hose long enough to loop around the top link and bring the filter in from the top. I would guess yours has been modified some where along the line. The factory hose is only about 12" long not counting the fittings and filter.

Just picking brains on this...

Thanks for the input, Harvey

View my Photos
liledoun

2003-02-02          48544

I just finished putting a Power Beyond kit on my 4300 and the kit I ordered (LVB 25221) did not show the extention hose. But when it arrived it had the hose in it along with an instruction sheet to use it for the backhoe.

Use it if need otherwise don't. Just save it in case.

JRF ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login