Go Bottom Go Bottom

post hole digger for 4110 hydro

View my Photos
joe4110
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-06-17          39633

Does anyone know of a good post hole digger I can use for my 4110 hydro? I plan on using it for fence posts etc.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-06-18          39639

Many PHA's are made by regional fabricators and really aren’t known as 'brands.' Mine is like that. I checked with my dealer and a couple of other dealers. Each made a recommendation, and I didn't recognize any of the names. Mine works fine though on my Ford 1710. It is a 12” auger and the 1710 has 24 pto hp.

There is an issue of ground clearance with PHA's and compact tractors. My auger has a series of three mounting points on the boom arm for the yoke (PHA's don't have top-links). The mounting positions vary the ground clearance. Some augers only have one set of mounting points, and these augers may not work on many compact tractors.

My auger tip drags over many bumps during transport in the lowest position but not too often in the center position--where I generally leave it. In the center position, the auger will dig more than 4' holes in the center position if I run the gear box a bit into the hole.

Anyway, those are some issues. The width the lower link arms will spread might also be an issue, but one I haven't heard mentioned. I think there is a discussion in the archives where somebody bought an auger for a 4100 but maybe it was a BX. Maybe the brand was identified. If I recall, the auger would only dig 3' holes.

View my Photos
joe4110

2002-06-18          39644

Thanks again for the info on the PHA. I will be looking at one made by SPeeCo sold at Fleet Farm. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-06-18          39654

I have not seen the newest models but you are well advised to mount whatever you want to buy on the tractor first to make sure it fits. My one-year-old 4100 has a heavy angled seat/rops bracket that interfered with the operation of my Gearmore PHD. I had to have a welding shop redesign the boom arm at that end so that I could raise and lower it without hitting the bracket. ....

View my Photos
jan6720

2003-04-04          52572

Joe4110,
What did you decide to do about the Speeco Digger? If you bought it how do you like it.

Thanks,
SJ ....

View my Photos
Todd-AgEquip

2003-04-04          52580

This is an old topic so you might not get a reply but, I sell the speeco digger and they are a sound digger we hardly ever have a problem with one. If you are looking for a post hole digger I would go with a speedco. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login