Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Normko
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-05-10          38458

I'm looking for a loader for a 1984 JD 650 tractor. I was told that the model 70 loader will fit on this tractor. Is that my only option? Is this tractor big enough for a loader? Is the 70 loader quick detachable? If anyone has answers or suggestions please let me know.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-05-11          38466

I am sure that there are other loaders made that fit that tractor. I had a Bushhog loader on my 750.
The 70 is a quick detach, but so are most new loaders these days. Most can be painted in the appropriate colour also.
The Bush Hog required you to take off a couple of bolts and a pin, but I never had it off. I have a 70A and take it off unless I am using it. ....

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Roy Jackson

2002-05-11          38497

I've a JD 670 with a model 60 loader. This is a quick detach.
Either the 60 or 70 series loader should be good for 700 plus lbs. Per the Operators manual for these loaders, they fit the 650 tractors.

Might be a hassle finding one though... ....

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Normko

2002-05-11          38501

Do they still make the model 60 and 70 loader? Or would I have to find a used one? ....

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Roy Jackson

2002-05-12          38516

I think the JD 790 uses a model 70 loader, but you'll have to ask the dealer to confirm this.

I don't know about the model 60.

Might be cheaper to look for a machine that already has a loader.

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-05-12          38524

I would not get fixated on the JD70 loader. You can order a loader from anyone. There are many manufactures that specialize in loaders and other attachments. I have the Allied site attached which lists the 650 for their loader. Hardy is another one that make a good loader.
Personally I am not overly impressed with my 70A loader. Often a company like JD will order the loaders from someone else and just have them painted green and stickers applied. Pay 20% extra for the badge engineering.
My 70A loader is a case in point one sticker says JD Canada, which would indicate that it is out of the Welland Ont. Plant, where JD makes most of these attachments. But another sticker says JD made in the USA, which indicates it might be subbed out to someone else. ....

Link:   Allied

Loader for 650

View my Photos
Peters

2002-05-12          38525

I finally found some reference to the smaller loaders. JD has everything on the site, if you can find it. ....

Link:   JD Page

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login