Go Bottom Go Bottom

CANOPY FOR A JOHN DEERE W FOLDING ROPS

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-22          3216

HAVE A 4400 ORDERED AND I'M THINKING OF HAVING A CANOPY INSTALLED WHEN IT COMES IN. I ORDERED THE FOLDING ROPS SO I COULD PUT IT IN A SMALLER SHED IF I EVER NEEDED TO BUT THE DEALER SAYS THAT A CANOPY CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED ON THE FIXED ROPS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS IS?? I PERSONALLY DON'T SEE WHERE IT SHOULD MATTER WHETHER THE ROPS IS FIXED OR FOLDING AS FAR AS SAFETY IS CONCERNED WHEN USING A CANOPY. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1999-04-22          3224

First, on the net using all caps means you are shouting or angry. You will get more response if you use lower case. To answer your question, the canopy is attached to the top part of a ROPS. It extends forward 4 or 5 feet and rearward a foot or so. If the rops folds back. think about where the canopy will end up. The back part of the canopy will be damaged by hitting the lower part of the ROPS and the front part of the canopy will be sticking up in the air even higher than the origional ROPS was. You could install it, if you never fold the ROPS, but then why get a folding ROPS to begin with? ....

View my Photos

1999-04-23          3237

Did you ever hear about the little lady who spilled hot McDonald's coffee in herlap and sued the company for millions. LIABILITY. If you have, therein lies your answer. You should be able to install a canopy on a folding ROPS technically. But if the dealer does it and your dumb enough to fold it down and something breaks or someone gets hurt. Well who is liable? JD and the dealers don't want to find out. I doubt a dealer will install a canopy on the folding ROPS.You could purchase the canopy however and install it yourself. But really to make things simpler why not just get the fixed ROPS since a canopy does renderthe folding ROPS useless.No hard feelings, Facts.James ....

View my Photos
RBinNC

1999-04-23          3242

Don't know if it would work for you, but I bought one of those equipment umbrellasat Agri-Supply for about $60 for my 4300 with folding ROPS. I just wanted sun protection;I don't care if I get wet, but I can't stand to get burnt. It fit on fine, workspretty well. Plus it comes off in a second. ....

View my Photos
Pete Johnson

1999-04-23          3262

I saw a folding canopy on a Kubota B7300(Much like a baby carriage top)Whether it would fold and then allow the ROPS to fold I can't say.Let me know if you want more infoPete ....

View my Photos

1999-04-24          3266

On my big JD I tried one of the baby-buggy tyupe tops but got tired of havingto fold it everytime I got on and off. So I went to an umbrella (made by JD)and it is pretty nice. On real rough ground it does need a lot of adjusting butall in all I like it. When I don't want it it just unplugs or folds up. They are pricy. The socket kit was about $30, the metal umbrella and mastwas about $80, and the cloth about $50. I'd buy it again. Roger L. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login