Anthony M. Parente
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-07-22          30304

Has anyone have any info about the new JD 4000 - Ten Compacts?Tony,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New JD 4000 Series Compact Tractors

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-07-22          30315

Tony, My dealer told me about them last fall. He said they would be the same 4x series with a few more bells and whistles. Sounds to me like the 4x10 series are going to have the things that should have been on the 4x series before we owners field-tested them and found all the short-commings. David ....

View my Photos
Trae McConnell

2001-07-26          30399

When will these new tractors be out?? ....

View my Photos
Stan in Calif

2001-07-26          30418

JD is holding a meeting right now - Supposedly discussing compacts. We should know something early next week as the salesmen return from it. ....

View my Photos
Trae McConnell

2001-07-26          30419

I have thought about buying a 4200 in a couple of months. Should I wait till the new ones come out?

View my Photos
Anthony M. Parente

2001-07-26          30421

The new 4000 ten series are supposed to incorporate up to 75 product improvements. The new tractors are scheduled to be available starting this fall. I would wait.
There is a big JD meeting going on now in New Mexico.
Tony, ....

View my Photos
Trae McConnell

2001-07-30          30523

I just talked to my dealer today, he said he was going to new mexico later this week and would let me know all the updates when he got back. he also said that they would run about 700 dollars more than the ones now ....

View my Photos
Stan in Calif

2001-07-30          30525

Just returned from the dealer- this is what I was told: Meetings will continue thru Aug. 7th. After that, info will be released - keep checking www.deere.com. What they did was hold several sessions so they could fit everyone under the same roof. Dealer had no printed material, but recalled discussion of the following: Factory installed top and tilt (and not cable operated). I asked if he could confirm that, as it was gonna be a hot one- He said that was his understanding. Electronic (adjustable) hydro controls for lower pedal effort and smoother engagement/disengagement. Also discussed was some sort of quick hitch- something more than extendable draft links. That's all for now. Sounds like they are listening. ....

View my Photos
Trae McConnell

2001-08-10          30853

I just got done talking to a dealer and he said they would be out in the summer of 2002 ....

View my Photos
Hillbilly

2001-08-11          30869

I know of two dealers that are depleting their 4000 series stock already in anticipation of the new 4010 series which they told me would be late fall or early next year for shipments to begin. ....

View my Photos
Tom Bowen

2001-09-21          31935

That's a toss-up. The problems with the 4000-series have been addressed and corrected, if the tractors are properly equipped to do what you want to do (this will include a ballast box on loader tractors, as a box blade is not heavy enough to offset the lifting capacity of the loader and protect the front axle). I just attended a meeting with JD people, and they expect limited availability of the 4000-ten series in January-February of 2002, with the pipeline starting to fill around April or May. I've been selling JD equipment for 34 years, and am always glad to see new series coming out that address the problems with older models, but also realize that any new series may have some teething problems of its own. We haven't experienced as many problems with the 4000's in this area as some others have, but are very careful to match the tractor to the job, and equip it properly for the attachments that are being considered. Not that others don't do the same thing, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and I don't like being pounded by my customers. So, toss a coin up in the air and go with your gut feeling is probably the best advice. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login