Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front wheels for a John Deere 1050

View my Photos
Larry K
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-19          28361

I have a John Deere 1050 2wd, I am wanting to change the 16 x 4 inch wheels to 6 inch wheels so I can run either 16" or 15" x 7.5 four ribbed tires or 7.5 aircraft tires. Does anyone know if the original factory wheels are a standard six bolt pattern? I have found many wheels that are standard pattern, but I figured since Yanmar made the tractor to JD specs it may be an odd center hub or odd six bolt pattern. Also, can anyone tell my why as you tend to place larger tires on the front, the wheel size height is reduced? Example 16 X 4 wheels with 6inch tires, 15 X 8 wheels with 9.5 inch tires.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Larry K

2001-07-18          30194

I guess no one knew where to find the wheels so I am responding to myself. I found a good deal on both tires and wheels so I thought I would pass the information along. Went to John Deere and to upgrade to a 16X6 wheel they wanted $160 dollars each. I got some information on Gensco Aircraft Tires and found heavy duty tractor wheels with the same 6 bolt pattern plus a new 16X8.8 aircraft flotation tire for $120 dollars each. The tires are sealed and are puncture resistant. The tires themselves are 22 ply and can carry 16,000 lbs. Don't think my tractor will be carrying anything that heavy but it's nice to have. Bought some John Deere Yellow paint and they look like original equipment. Hope this information will help. ....

View my Photos
keoke

2001-07-18          30213

Larry, where did you find the heavy duty 6X16 wheels? Did they have any 7x16 or 8X16 wheels as well? Was the 1050 JD built by Yanmar for Deere?

thanks,
george ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-07-18          30215

I just changed the front and rear tires on my Yanmar 336D (4wd) from ags to turfs and in the process had to change the wheels as well. Yes, Yanmar did build the 1050 for JD...lock, stock, and barrel. They are similar tractors. Yanmar got the better of it with integral power steering, creeper gears, independent PTO, and power shifting transmission, but then JD got that wonderful turbocharger on a slightly larger engine! Darn! It turns out that the Yanmar 336D uses the same rear end gears and gearing as the the 1050, and - not surprisingly - the same axles, wheels, and tires. So I found a set of used JD 1050 wheels and tires which bolted right up and retained my correct front to back gearing ratio.
In the process I found out that both Yanmar and JD use wheels which conform to international standards for width, axle hole, and wheel bolt spacing. Tractor wheel manufacture is a lot more standardized than I would have thought. Much more so than the wheels on cars. Whatever wheel changes anyone is thinking of making on their tractor, it is worth looking first to see if you can use standard wheels rather than a brand name. ....

View my Photos
Larry K

2001-07-19          30247

Keoke, I do have a John Deere 1050 that was made by Yanmar to JD specs. Gensco is a supplier of agriculture tires and wheels out of Houston. They have all sorts of variations of wheels and tires for tractors and equipment, so I am sure they may have the wheels you need. Their toll free number is 1-800 663-5287 or their website is www.NOFLATS.COM. Hope this can be of some use. ....

View my Photos
Larry K

2001-07-20          30248

Keoke, looked at Gensco's website and they have 16x8 six hole tractor wheels for $45 dollars each. The website is www.noflats.com. ....

View my Photos
DeeDee

2009-09-29          166034

Do you know if the company being taked about have Rim's for the 1050 or just tires.. Gensco ....

View my Photos
ducpac4591

2009-11-12          166832

Larry K, I saw where you up graded to a larger wheel. Do you still have the originals. I'm interested. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-13          166835

This post is going on 9 years old so I wouldn't expect a reply. ....

View my Photos
fishwanda

2012-07-19          184350

Would you be interested in selling the 16 x 4 wheels? ....

View my Photos
jdb0125

2016-10-13          195867

Could you send me more info on the bolt pattern so I can get the right wheels. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login