Go Bottom Go Bottom

weight of john deere 790 tractor

View my Photos
NEIL NEMITZ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-03          26244

I OWN A JOHN DEERE 790 TRACTOR.MY QUESTION IS WHY IS THE 790 DEERE SO MUCH LIGHTER IN WEIGHT THAN OTHER JOHN DEERE TRACTORS OF ITS COMPARABLE SIZE.790 DEERE 4WD WEIGHTS 2105,THE 4200 JOHN DEERE WEIGHTS 2675.WHAT ISMY TRACTOR NOT HAVE THAT MAKES ITS WEIGHT LESS.IS THE 4000 SERIES MORE HEAVY DUTY? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Stephen R. Cebenko

2001-04-03          26248

This is a good question and one I've thought about but didn't get a chance ask yet. I assume because it has less capacities, i.e. 3pt lift, hydr. pump, etc.. For instance. The rear PTO lift is like 870lbs @ 24" for the 790 and 2200lbs @ 24" for the 4300 and possibly for the 4200 too. ....

View my Photos
steve arnold

2001-04-04          26304

I am sort of perplexed also. I have a 1993 jd970 and I am sort of partial to that model. At the time the specs showed 2000# lift capacity two feet behind the links. Why does the newer 990 show only 1500# with 7 more hp? The 4400 is comparable to mine in horsepower but I couldn't get as big of tires with a 4400.
Is that just the way it is? was the 4000 line design criteria changed to match a competitors line? Maybe lift capacity ratings were changed from raw hydraulic ability to a combination of tractor stability on different grades? That would explain the perceived lower center of gravity on the 4000s and the movement of the gas tank to the middle of the tractor from the rear where mine is. Dont know, I should worry more about how I am going to pay for my next JD. ....

View my Photos
NEIL NEMITZ

2001-04-05          26351

SENT DEERE AN E-MAIL ABOUT THIS QUESTION.I ALSO CALLED SOME DEALERS
AND THEY REALLY DID NOT HAVE AN REPLY BESIDES THEY HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLUMES
WITH THIS TRACTOR.IF I GET AN EDUCATED ANSWER FROM JOHN DEERE I WILL PASS IT ON ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login