Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD855 SCV Hydraulic Kit

View my Photos
Stan Terzopolos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-03          24952

My 855 does not have a SCV hydraulic setup. How much might it cost to add it and how difficult is it to install?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD855 SCV Hydraulic Kit

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-04          24981

My idea of price would be a wild impression. Dealers have factory kits for most tractors, and I'd check with a dealer, although my impression is that they're expensive. A do it yourself can be put together from places like Northern Hydraulics for a lot less money, but mounting would be a problem. My SCV is mounted on a pipe and pedestal that is fairly specific to the tractor. A dealer kit probably would include the mount. The hook up itself should be fairly straightforward. Essentially you're adding an auxiliary hydraulic system. Many tractors have an aux system outlet on the manifold block/diverter valve assembly on the side of the engine. It's just a matter of connecting the inputs and outlets and throwing the valve to 'aux'. If the SCV is a three hose system, the low-pressure outlet has to be connected to a return line. The diverter selects between remote (3ph) and aux systems. Since both systems can't receive flow at the same time, a common installation is to connect the 3ph input to the outlet of the aux system. If the system isn't plumbed this way, then the diverter valve has to be changed to back and forth between loader and 3ph use. Anyway, a dealer kit should provide detailed instructions for various hook-ups, while a do it yourself wouldn't. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login