Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tool box mounting

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-02-09          194504

I bought a used JD 5525 with cab and fel and really do enjoy it. If it ever get dry enough to really use it would like that also.

But I am stumped it does not have a tool box on it. Then really stumped when I do not see a good location to mount one. The logical place is where you can reach when hooking up so you can reach pins or such but no where there do I see to. The only place I can see is to the rear fel loader mount on the tractor. There is a piece of angle iron on there at about a 45 degree so would have to make a mount to bolt to it for the tool box. It would be right in front of the steps to the cab so not near the rear of the tractor but easy to get to.

I am looking for ideas. I normally have a few tools in there (wrenches for plows or such using and screw driver) along with assortment of pins and retainers for the pins.

It would be easy to just set a tool box behind the seat but oh so hard to reach it.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tool box mounting

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-02-11          194514

Well have settled on a mounting on front bumper. The weight mount has good flat surface, not the best location with FEL but a workable one. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login