Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 3520 Hydraulic Problems Moves Slow

View my Photos
wrankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-01-28          194394

I have a 3520 with about 330 hrs had to the dealership twice change hydraulic oil and filter both times and put new pump on last time and still doing same thing and getting worse it take more rpm to make it go they cant find the problem getting pretty costly I only have about 3 acres and it about 3 years old have to run it at least 1800 rpm to make it go.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-28          194395

Been a long time since I have traded posts with you. Besides your tractor problem, hope you are doing well. I noticed you have moved since.

You stated that BOTH filters were replaced. Actually there are 3 filters. The 2 external spin-on filters and the third filter is the suction screen inside the transmission that prefilters the suction filter oil. Was the suction screen removed and inspected/cleaned? ....

View my Photos
wrankin

2016-01-28          194396

I will have to check with my dealership and see. Thanks ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-29          194399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief | view 194395
Been a long time since I have traded posts with you.

Hi Chief good to see you on TP. Were you thinking of Mark with handle Drankin? I think he is still in Nevada and does not have that model Deere.

Dennis ....

Link:   Drankin profile

View my Photos
Chief

2016-01-29          194402

Hi Dennis,

About 10 minutes after I posted my reply I got to thinking and thought it was drankin and realized my mistake. Thanks for the note though. My memory is going to the dogs.....and even dogs have better memory than me. :) ....

View my Photos
Murf

2016-01-30          194403

The fluid & pump are just 2 of 4 key parts of a hydrostatic system.

Just as important are the drive motor(s) and pressure control system. It's usually the pressure that's the issues on a machine with that few hours on it.

If you have some debris sticking the pressure relief valve open, a broken spring, a faulty quick-disconnect (QD) fitting, or even a bad remote valve it will affect the system possibly almost shut it down.

I don't know if your unit has an open-centre system or not, but if it did something as simple as a QD fitting not quite seated would cause exactly the symptoms you're describing.

I would have hoped the dealer would have checked pretty carefully before getting into a really spendy option like replacing a pump.

A little more testing and experimenting should narrow down the possible culprits.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
wrankin

2016-01-31          194418

Thank you for your help. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This