Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deflating tires for better slope control

View my Photos
10731tractor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-20          194236

I have a 1025R and am doing some grading on a slope. While I am aware of the impact on the tractor tilt caused by the slope, what recommendations are there for better control on the steeper potions. Will deflating the tires enhance stability.
L

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-22          194241

I would not lower tire pressure, you certainly don't want them to break loose from the rim on a slope. You try to work up and down hill on slopes, keep load low and do not haul anything any higher than you must, take it slow and try not to make any sudden turns, starts or stops. If you get knots in your stomach a good warning you need to stop. kt ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-22          194243

Your tractor model is a subcompact so at least it is a little lower to the ground. As Ken said I would not deflate the tires like you see people do at the beach with 4x4's.

You should make sure the tires are not over inflated though. With the tractor fully loaded with an operator sitting on it check on a concrete floor that the tire tread is in full contact and adjust pressure until it is. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login