Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 2940 Tractor Loader does not Lift

View my Photos
MAC11B2003
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-03          193047

I have a 2940 with an aftermarket loader. I replaced the filter and cleaned the sump screen maybe 10 hours ago. While moving bales, the loader just quit, fairly suddenly. The steering and 3-point lift quit as well. I changed the hydraulic filter, cleaned the sump screen, and checked the filter relief valve. It made absolutely no difference. The PTO and high/low shift work fine.

I suppose it's all moot,because the starter has quit engaging again for the 5th or 6th time. But, assuming, the thing will start, what should I do or check next on the hydraulic issue?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 2940 Tractor Loader does not Lift

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-03          193051

If the high pressure functions all quit at the same time, I would check the hydraulic pump coupler to be sure it is still turning the pump shaft. The splines can strip out and pump is no longer turning. If pump is turning, then you need to be sure oil is being delivered to the front pump. try removing the hose at the oil cooler coming from the top of the pump. Stick the hose in a bucket and start the tractor. You should get at least a gallon and a half in 30 seconds. If no oil is coming from the transmission, you wikk have no hydraulics. If you do have oil, then the main pump is bad. Could be a bad stroke control valve. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login