Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deere 755

View my Photos
Jim Montaney
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-17          18931

We need to find a new engine for a Deere 755 tractor. Does anyone know of a good source for these engines. I believe it is a 20 hp yanmar diesel. The engine in the tractor is worn beyond the point of being rebuildable. The dealer quote was over 5000.00 for the new unit. Afraid we can,t live with that price. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. Kenny, Thanks for the information. Dust was very likely the culprit. Thanks, Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Deere 755

View my Photos
JerryGoucher

2000-08-18          18938

Jim,
I find it hard to believe that your engine can’t be rebuilt. If I were you I would ask around at diesel truck shops and car garages to find out if there is GOOD engine machine shop in your area. I have seen just about everything that can be broken or torn up on a engine and short of a rod making a big hole in the side of the block, it can all be rebuilt. Even if it has to be sleeved or cracks fixed in the head, it would be less costly by far than $5000.
JerryG

Deere 755

View my Photos
Norm

2000-08-18          18949

These little engines are used in everything from sailboats to icecream trucks to run the refrigerator. Try looking in these other areas - chances are you could find a lower price. ....

Deere 755

View my Photos
Jeff Byrdy

2001-03-02          24917

The engine used in a Deere 755 is a 3TNA72-UJ. This engine can easily be replaced with a 3TNE74. Let me know if you are interested in one.

Jeff Byrdy ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login