Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 9220 2003 tractor will not shift

View my Photos
bart1155
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-26          188755

I have John Deere 9220 2003 tractor that will not shift out 10 forward. The pcu code 033 states its a over-current on the clutch solenoid . It wont let me shift out of 10 forward. this is a new purchase so I have no idea where the solenoid is , whether its external and can be replaced or tested. need all the help I can get. I am an electrician but not a skilled heavy duty mechanic. Its going to -24 tonight at the ranch with lots of snow to plow so quick solutions would be appreciated.

I am first time user of this site so a little green on the utilization of it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 9220 2003 tractor will not shift

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-26          188760

The clutch solenoids are located on rear housing of transmission. Turn steering to full left turn for best access in hinge area to right rear of the transmission. Solenoids go into side of transmission. For PCU033 code, the one at the top is the affected solenoid. There are five of them down the right side and four on the left. Try swapping the two top ones with each other. If you get a different code, then the solenoid is at fault. If you still get the same one, you have a wiring problem between the computer and the solenoid. when swapping the solenoids, look closely at the wiring terminals for corrosion. Clean any corrosion you see. Let me know what you figure out. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login