Go Bottom Go Bottom

2520 hydraulic leak

View my Photos
petebull
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-11          188646

The last few days I have noticed a drip under the transmission right where the drive shaft goes into the transmission ( near the drain plug and the mid pto ). It only drips after the tractor has been used. There is no drip while the tractor is idling seems only after it has been in gear. Once the tractor sits for a while or has not been used there is no drip at all. I put a newspaper under the spot and noticed a few drips. Any ideas

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2520 hydraulic leak

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-13          188654

It sounds like you have leak around the front drive shaft then are you sure it is hydraulic oil? Could it be the oil has to get hot to be thin enough to leak? Have you checked your hydraulic oil level to be sure not over filled? ....

2520 hydraulic leak

View my Photos
petebull
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-13          188659

I agree it appears to be around the drive shaft and it is hydraulic oil. I did change the fluid before the winter and filled it up with the specified capacity give or take a bit. I get what you are saying that the oil has to thin out, and it only drips after the tractor has warmed up and used. Once it is parked and cools down and I wipe off the around the inspection plate there are no more drips. I just hope it doesn't get worse before the end of the winter because I need it for snow removal so it can't be sitting in a shop for a week. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login