Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 5103 Asian

View my Photos
lum916
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-04-24          186803

My JD 5103's 3 pt. hitch will only lift about 4" loaded or empty. I can, however, fully lift the hitch with the draft control lever.
I have been told the valve may be stuck. Is there any way to check/free the lift valve?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 5103 Asian

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-05-01          186842

Are you sure it is the draft lever that is raising it? If so my guess is the draft is set too sensitive. Have you used it with plows where the working of the draft is designed for? No doubt there is some variance in the design of draft systems but the ones I am familiar with you set the position lever for the desired position and use the draft for the tractor to keep the implement there while using again such as a plow in the dirt. ....

John Deere 5103 Asian

View my Photos
lum916
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-02          186850

I have used the draft control on numerous occasions.
This problem just came up a few weeks ago after the tractor had sat for a mouth or two.
The lift lever will only lift the 3 pt. hitch arms a few inches. in order to get ground clearance for an implement the draft control lever must be raised almost to the top position. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login