Go Bottom Go Bottom

Is a John Deere Tractor the best choice

View my Photos
Wertibnm2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-19          183943

I am in the market for a tractor but i do not know what brand is best. Kubota, John Deere or New Holland. I really dont know the advantages and disadvantages of each. All i really need is a front loader, Snow blower and mower. If you have an idea or preference please post. Thank You.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-19          183951

I've had a JD 4310 (discontinued model now) for around 9 years now. It has been rock solid but Kubotas are excellent machines too. I would make the brand choice based on dealer support rather than color. A Kubota with an excellent dealer would be better than a JD with a lousy dealer and vice versa.

You will need to size the machine properly. If you will primarily use the loader, what is the weight you need to carry? How much snow to blow? Property size? ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-20          183954

I bought a John Deere compact, simply because it's (mostly) built in the USA. Yes, the engine is Japanese. But it's shipped to the Georgia plant, where it's integrated into the assembly line. Kubota is Japanese, New Holland is Italian.

That said, I recently switched to a different dealer for service. The selling dealer service just wasn't up to my expectations. Amazing difference, and worth traveling the extra miles.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-20          183955

I've had a JD 4310 W/430 loader since new in 2000-2001, not sure. I've got 800+ hours with no problems, just regular maintenence.
Almost everything I use the tractor for involves the loader, it has never been off the tractor since new.
All three brands you have spoken of are good tractors, the quality of the dealership can make you like or dislike any brand.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2012-06-27          184070

John deere is an old name known for farm machinery. Kubota is known for small tractors. Being in the farm machinery business I do know a little. I'd take the Kubota, thats it's specialty! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login