Go Bottom Go Bottom

48 loader vibrates

View my Photos
Jeff Clymer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-07-26          18289

Looking at a JD 2020 with a 48 loader. The loader "vibrates" when the bucket is lifted or tilted up. It's kind of a fast choppy lift (the choppy is fast not the lift). Anyone have any ideas what it would be? How easy and expensive to fix?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

48 loader vibrates

View my Photos
dave piper

2000-07-26          18292

Sounds like you have a bubble of air in the system and are experiencing cavitation. Run the loader thru its complete cycle several times and it should eliminate it. ....

48 loader vibrates

View my Photos
RickB.

2000-07-26          18293

Cavitation, YES. Air bubbles, NO. Most likely an oil supply problem to the main hyd pump. Possible causes include: Plugged filter and /or suction screen (may be from brake lining material); Filter or oil cooler relief valve stuck open; PTO/HI-LO/Reverser valve problem (if so equipped); bad transmission pump. Change filter, look for brass and black organic looking filings to identify brake material. These symptoms can easily be a dealbreaker, find out what is going on or walk away. ....

48 loader vibrates

View my Photos
Bernie Galgoci

2000-07-26          18295

Jeff: I have a 48 loader on a JD3010. The 3010 had both a new transmission pump and front pump installed last year. Until the hydraulic oil is slightly warmed (3 to 4 minutes at slow [1000 RPM] idle and 4 to 5 cycles of completely raising and lowering the loader boom), the loader will still "vibrate" on lifting. Even when the temperature is in the 80's outside, the loader exhibits these symptoms, but once the oil is a little warmed the loader behaves perfectly. "Jerky lift operation" is listed in the "trouble shooting" section of my 48 loader manual. The "Possible Causes" it lists are: (1) cold oil, (2) low oil supply or air in hydraulic system, and (3) poor oil circulation. The "Remedies" the manual gives for each of these possible causes are [in order]: (1) raise and lower the loader boom several times, (2) check loader and tractor for oil leaks or loose connections; check oil supply and fill with recommended oil, and (3) check oil filter in tractor hydraulic system. Run the loader through several cycles like Dave said and make sure you warm up the oil. If the loader's performance doesn't improve, Rick is right in saying you have to find out what's going on. It could be simple (plugged filter - $10 part) or it could be big money (worn pumps - $1000 parts). Hope it's a simple solution. [P.S. I have a skid steer that behaves the same way. Until the oil is warmed, it's like driving a rocking chair!] ....

48 loader vibrates

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-07-27          18298

Thinking about it, both the 2020 and the 3010 have the "closed center" hydraulic pump with the variable displacement rotor....This is a lot different from many of the compact tractors -most of which still have the old (cheap and simple) "open center" type of hydraulic system. It sure sounds like you have a restriction somewhere or else a pump problem.....I'm betting on it being the high pressure hydraulic filter. That would sure be nice. If so, you had better get if fixed, as those closed center pumps come dear(deere?).
BTW, doesn't that 48 loader overpower the 2020 tractor a bit? What will she lift?

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login