Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD trade up program

View my Photos
George
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-18          1813

Can someone help me with the John Deere policy. I have read about a 30/60/90 day return or trade up program in the forum. The reason I ask is that I JUST bought a new JD 4100 but am finding out that adding a backhoe may void my warranty. While I try to confirm that, a few have suggested taking advantage of JD's upgrade/trade program. My local dealer seems to know nothing of this. My 4100 is 12 days old and with only 4 hrs. I would expect something if I am know finding out a backhoe is a bad idea and should have got a 4200 or 4300.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD trade up program

View my Photos
Frank

1999-03-18          1814

I bought a 4200 collar shift and after putting about 3 hours on the tractor over a weekend, I called and said I wanted a hydro. They picked up the tractor later in the week and put a hydro on order. I now have the hydro and couldn't be happier with the purchase. The dealer told me (after I decided I wanted a hydro) that Deere has a policy that you can return the tractor within the first 30 days and get your money refunded or you can have them take it back within 90 and they will replace it with another model that you would prefer to have (you obviously pay the difference in price). The idea of "test driving" on a dealer's lot might sound great but there's is nothing like trying the tractor out in the conditions where it is going to live and work. I would give the Deere regional office a call. Sounds like a less than ideal or knowledgeable dealer. I also asked what they would do with my "old" 4200 and the dealer said sell it as a demo. He commented that if problems never arose everybody would be in the business and to his credit, there was not a moment's hesitation or grumbling when I told him I wanted to switch transmissions (tractors). Go for it! ....

JD trade up program

View my Photos

1999-03-20          1860

My dealer informed me of the same program. It is a Deere program and not a dealerprogram, so anyone that sells Deere's should be able to do it. Many times, theylet you keep your current tractor to use until the new one comes in! Talk to your dealer and then to Deere. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login