Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 1070 won t start

View my Photos
dennisj73
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-10-19          180935

I was hoping that one of you could assist me with an electrical issue.

I have a 1070 with an electrical problem. A few weeks ago, I tried to start it and nothing happened. Clicked but no startng. I took the battery to the Interstate battery and got a blem. Put it in and the tractor started right up.
Unfortunately the posts didn't fit and I had to return it and get a brand new one. I put the new one in and it started right up. A few days later I drove it up to the woods and it wouldn't start again. Turn the key, the lights on the dash came on...nothing. I walked back and jiggled the ignition and it started up.

Drove it back parked it. Tried to start it a couple days ago...nothing light would come on, wouldn't turn over. I tried jumping it nothing...it was kind of funny when I was jumping it(i had it hooked up correctly) sometimes when I turned on the key, the lights on the dash wouldn't even come on.

I've pulled the battery and am charging it, but just sitting shouldn't discharge a brand new battery. I'm fairly convinced that it is not a battery issue. I'm wondering about the ignition switch. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I've also posted this on another site. Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with tractor electrical systems.
Thanks
DJ

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login