Go Bottom Go Bottom

4300 runs slow in forward OK in reverse

View my Photos
angmach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-30          174860

My 4300 Sync Reverse tractor runs at varying speeds going forward, with or with-out a load. I can be dragging a box-blade of dirt and my speed goes anywhere from normal speed to barely moving and back again with no real change in engine speed. Engine does not bog down. Everything is normal in reverse.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4300 runs slow in forward OK in reverse

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-30          174867

A 12/12 reveser has a traction clutch for both forward and reverse depending on which way you dash mounted lever is positioned. There is a sepearate electric controled hydraulic valve for each direction to push pressure to the clutch you need for either direction and relax the pressure for the other direction. Being you have a similar erratic speed whether loaded or empty would make me think that something is keeping the forward valve from letting enough pressure, 1200 lb. I think, to the clutch rather than a clutch problem with normal pressure would say perhaps a broken clutch plate.
First thing I'd check is the electrical connectiions under the tractor that hook to the valves that may be giving you not quite enough voltage to hold the forward valve completely open.
My service manual goes on into having a clooged hyd filter that can be the problem too, but being reverse works, I'd doubt the filter being the problem.
Hope this helps.
Frank. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login