Go Bottom Go Bottom

955 starting problem

View my Photos
rbseve
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-28          174818

I have to move my hydralic foot controls around to find a sweet spot for the tractor to start. Is there something that I can adjust to remedy this problem?
Thanks,
Rod

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

955 starting problem

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-28          174820

I don't have a 955 but most of those safety lockouts if there is one on your hydro pedals work about the same.
Do the pedals return to neutral on their own when you release them while operating? If they hang up a bit the mower would probably keep moving a bit without your foot on either one. Being it does find you a place that the starter will work tells me there isn't an electrical problem. Whatever kind of switch is under thwere may be just out of adjustment or sticky.
With the engine off and the park brake on have someone else or if you can push the pedals by hand yourself watch what happens under there when you think the pedals are at the "Sweet Spot".
Frank. ....

955 starting problem

View my Photos
jdgreen

2010-10-28          174837

If the pedals are moving free;y and return to neutral when released, then the problem is the neutral switch. There is no adjustment to the switch. The switch is not easy to get to. It is under the tractor on the hydro linkage. ....

955 starting problem

View my Photos
rbseve

2010-10-30          174861

I located the neutral switch, and "not easy to get to" is a very accurate description. The switch is not bolted tight and has some movement. Not sure if this is normal or if I need to tighten the impossible to reach nutts. Does anyone have a procedure to remove the neutral switch, as I am trying to figure out a way to just tighten the thing up.
Thanks,
Rod ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login