Go Bottom Go Bottom

john deere amt 600 5 wheel gator

View my Photos
rogersutton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-09          171472

I bought a deere amt 600 5 wheel gator. I had motor rebuilt but brake caliptors need replacement. Dealer wants
$300 for each rear caliptor or $600 for both. where can I buy used caliptors for decent price.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-16          171587

That cost may be for overhauling the brakes, including providing new calipers. I'd have another mechanic confirm that the calipers are shot. If so, have him remove them on one side so you can measure them, and see if you can get generic equivalents by googling "brake calipers."

View my Photos
bmeyer123
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-06          174389

If the calipers are not ground up from operating with no pads, you can rebuild them with parts from JD dealer. It is not fun to replace the pads though, but I've done it a couple of times. Be careful about disasembling them too far. Do only one at a time. You may need seals and bumpers, but if you're careful, probably not. Go to JDParts.com for a free diagram. Good luck. I would take it off your hands if you were closer :) Take your time & be patient. The brakes are the most frustrating part of the AMTs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login