Go Bottom Go Bottom

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
linefuse29
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-14          170016

My 4x4 wont disengage 4310 Ehydro. Light goes off on 4x4 selector button but it will not disengage. Any suggestion??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-15          170021

Don't know that model but sounds like it's operated electronioally, suggesting you need a service manual or a Deere dealer. You might try removing drivetrain lockup as a cause such as by jacking the fronts clear of the ground. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-15          170030

Easy to assume when a hands on inspection brings up the simple.
Have you checked for loose wire or mechanical issue in the system? ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-04-15          170032

Mine is a 12/12 Shuttle transmission rather than a Hydro but I doubt that the front wheel assist shifter would be any different.
I haven't looked under there for a while but I THINK that the rocker switch commands an electric valve to operate a little hydraulic cylinder that does the shifting. Have someone operate the switch while you watch what happens underneath. I'm guessing that a stick or somethng may have pulled a wire off the valve underneath.
I do have a service manual but it is at the other house and won't be back there till Sunday. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
linefuse29

2010-04-15          170035

I really didnt have alot of time today to check today. I did look under there but I dont see a solenoid or anything. I did see the drive shaft going to the front axle and a box behind it. I think tomorrow I will open that box and see what I can find. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-04-16          170060

On the right fender is an indicator light that flashes a code when many failures are detected. Is it flashing a code of any sort? It would be a repeating series of 3 or 4 long and short flashes. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
linefuse29

2010-04-17          170068

No codes. It just flashes once when I turn the tractor on. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
kwschumm

2010-04-17          170069

This info came from the tech manual. I have not had a need to look at it on my 4310 so can't answer from personal experience but hopefully this will help.

There is a MFWD pin in the transmission that is spring loaded so if the MFWD solenoid is off or not working 4WD is engaged. When in 2WD the solenoid is supposed to pull the pin in to disengage MFWD. In other words, the solenoid is energized for 2WD and deenergized for MFWD.

Since the indicator light goes on and off there is power to the switch. From the switch is a white wire that goes to the MFWD solenoid, so it's likely that there is a problem with that wiring circuit or with the solenoid or the transmission pin is stuck or broken.

Under the seat area (not sure if it's above or below the floorboard) is a Y shaped wiring harness that goes from a connector to two solenoids. One of the solenoids is the rear PTO (does that work?) and the other is for MFWD.

Disconnect the Y harness from the connector and check voltage at the white wire on the male connector side. With the ignition key turned on and the MFWD switch turned off (light off) there should be battery voltage at the white wire. If that is good then check that the black wire(s) on the female connector side has continuity with ground.

If these things check out then maybe someone can operate the MFWD switch and you can try to hear if the solenoid clicks in and out when it operates. If so, then maybe the transmission pin is stuck or broken.

Good luck. ....

4310 4X4 wont disengage

View my Photos
sctractor

2014-12-20          191693

JD 4310 want come out of 4x4. I think my transmission pin is stuck or broken. Can anyone tell me how to check? The cylinder is working but the tractor will not come out of 4x4.
Have disconnected the cylinder and there is no resistance on the transmission lever. I noticed that you can pull it out about .5 inch I can move it back and forth and do fill It hitting something.
thanks for help.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login